Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel

Time ATAC XE vs. XS vs. XS Carbon

It feels like I may have bent the axle on one of my old yellow ATAC carbons - my foot tips up and down a bit while pedaling. Time to relegate them to backup use. I'm a bit confused over the various flavors of current ATACs, and the Time web page has only road pedals (WTF? Mtbikers don't read web pages or something?). So, help me find what I am looking for. I want the cheapest one that has the adjustable float. If I understand things, that would be the XS, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I searched and saw some posts that there have been improvements over the years. How do I know if I'm getting the latest and greatest? Any good deals around? No recent postings on the Best Deals page.

Anyone have a lonely left-hand yellow ATAC (original style) they'll sell cheap? Must function, but have the crap beaten out of it so as to match my right one. ;^P

Kathy
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.

rbtm member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    I want the cheapest one that has the adjustable float. If I understand things, that would be the XS, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I searched and saw some posts that there have been improvements over the years. How do I know if I'm getting the latest and greatest?
    I have a pair of XS from a year or so ago and, as far as I can tell, they are not adjustable in any way. Maybe the newer ones are adjustable but then you sure don't have to go back far to find ones that aren't.
    [SIZE=1]"The mouth of justice contemplates wisdom."[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have a pair of xs and they have three setting for tension on the spring. The only problem is that i have had them for about a little over a year and the springs have lost some tension. I have to put it past the third setting to not clip out accidentally.

I got to call Time about it - im lazy though

jrm
    mtbr member

I have a left grey ATAC...

But its currently residing on my cruiser. its like circa 97..or something and still ticking. I have a set of the XS's on the roadie. There is a 3 position adjustment on the spring but i went with shavin the cleats. IMO i dont like the XSs as much as the aluims due to the lack of any platform, would release when i didnt want um too and found them hard to find in some situations.
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by SEvEnDuSt717
    I have a pair of xs and they have three setting for tension on the spring. The only problem is that i have had them for about a little over a year and the springs have lost some tension. I have to put it past the third setting to not clip out accidentally.
    Or your cleats are wearing out. They look like brass and, as far as I understand, will not last for ever.

I have XS from 2005 and they have the tension screws.

Time's international website has the mountain bike pedals too:
    http://www.time-sport.com/us/home.htm