mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Tifosi sunglasses

Hey guys and gals we just started carrying tifosi sunglasses in my store. As a whole they look nice but no one has given us any real info on them. So I'm asking what are you're general impressions of them. They gave me a pair of tyrants to try out And so far I like them. The metal temples and plastic holder is a nice combo . Any info good or bad is appreciatted

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I love my Tyrants!

Cookin' in AZ
    I have had my Slips for 4 years. Nice and light. I use them all the time. My wife has a pair as well (don't remember the model) that she picked out on her own at the LBS.
    This space intentionally left blank

Air Pirate
    I have an older pair of Tifosi three lense glasses that have served me really well. I have been very happy with their quality and longevity. They are just now starting to get some scratches on the lenses. I made an inquiry direct to Tifosi about getting replacement lenses and I was told my model was no longer made so they did not have lenses. To make up for this I was offered a 15% discount on any set of glasses they had. Pretty cool.

don't try this at home
    i think they're great eyewear, especially for the price. i lose or break a pair every couple years but i never feel to bad about them because they weren't that expensive.
    will you rep me?

I bought a pair of the three lens Dolomites earlier this year. It takes a lot to fog them and they are comfortable. Relatively ($50) cheap as well. I'm happy.

mtbr member
    I love mine. I have two pairs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I appreciate then info, what would you guys compare them with? we have giros in store as well, and of course our brand (pbs). Im really happy so far, they are a little on the small side, like barely.

willtsmith_nwi
    Nice stuff at a great price.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I absolutely love my forza fc's. I got the fototec red lenses and can't say enough good things about them. I'm thinkin tyrants next, hopefully polarized.

mtbr member
    I have a pair of Slips that I've ridden with for about 2 years now. I love them. 4 pair of lenses are handy, easy to switch out, rarely fog and the glasses overall have been bulletproof. They've spent a lot of time thrown around my truck, in the bottom of my bag, being crashed and have made it out alive every time. The only complaint I have had is that the rubber earpieces gave out and started to fall apart after about a year. Got them replaced for a grand total of $2 at my local tifosi dealer and haven't had another problem since.

Awesome glasses.

mtbr member
    Id compare them to Oakley.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    They get mentioned a lot as a best bang for the buck over on roadbikereview.com http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...d.php?t=210904

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I think they are good for that price point. The optics surely leave something to be desired if you usually wear oakley/maui/costa/kaenon, but they aren't nearly as expensive.
    I don't like the photochromatic ones, as the change time is too slow for sunny/splotchy riding.

Former Bike Wrench
    Great scratch resistant lenses, great optics, comfortable fit.

I've been using my Kilos for two years with zero issues.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I have had problems. I have Tyrants and both the fototec and clear lens. Had to get them replaced because the lenses did not fit in the frame securely enough. And then my fototecs got....bubbly in a few places. Since I take extremely good care of them I think what happened is that i left some sweat on them and it corroded the plastic.

Titanium junkie
    They are all I wear, great glasses!
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

Just Ride
    I have a pair of slips. I think they are slips? I dunno, whatever the ones that cost around $80 are. 3 lenses, yellow, dark and orange. I don't care for the orange lens. The yellow is great for riding in the woods under all light conditions. And the dark are great for road rides. They do fog if I stop for to long. But clear very quickly once I start moving again.

I was originally looking at a pair of oaklys but just couldn't stomach the thought of $200 for a pair of sunglasses. As it was $80 was tough, but well worth it! If these are ever broken, lost or stolen I'll buy another pair!
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I have a pair of Slips, as well and love them. Inexpensive, the lenses are nice, and durable. Going on about a year and a half on mine.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I have the ventoux and like them so far, and I have always been a Oakley person since Oakley began. Cant beat the price and the warranty. Shop said if the glasses ever break to let them know and tifosi will replace them no questions asked.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I just picked up the Tifosi Veloce 3 lens glasses from REI on Saturday. For the price with the 3 sets of lenses, it's a great deal. I'm going to try the red lenses on my next ride. I've been using a more expensive pair of Bolle polarized glasses, but they fog easily and I don't want to risk damaging the lenses trying to clear them off.

mtbr member
    Can't beat them for the price. I've got a pair of Dolomites that I've had for about 3 seasons, as well as a pair of Slopes that I've had for 2 seasons. Great glasses!