mtbr member

Thoughts on Kona One20?

I came across this on CL the other day and seems pretty appealing to me.

2010 Kona One20 Deluxe 19".

KONA 120 DELUXE BIKE 2010

I currently have a 2007 Kona Coiler 19", which overall I really enjoy but for the riding I do, its a bit on the heavy side and have been thinking about lighter wheels and other bits and pieces to drop some weight. Wondering if the One20 would make more sense instead. Thinking I can sell mine for 700-800, so perhaps $500 to upgrade to this bike.

Worth it?
    Humans are unique in having the ability to learn from others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

mtbr member
    If you want a much more mild trail bike, its a good choice. Its no where near as heavy riding capable as your coiler, but that might be a good thing. The 07 coilers were very heavy, you'll dump a ton of weight, and the one20 is designed to pedal around better.

mtbr member
    I weighed my Coiler once, just using a bathroom scale so perhaps not completely accurate, but came in about 41 lbs. The seller says his One20 weighs about 26lbs, so yeah would be dropping a heck of a lot of weight! For the riding I do, and am likley to do I think the Coiler is a bit over kill. As I was not sure what type of riding I'd be doing when I bought it, I thought it was a good choice, allowing me to try most anything. I've been fighting, and so far winning, the urge to upgrade my bike with this and that. Don't know that its a practical consideration, but got to say I really do love the Blue and White color sceme of that One20, exactly the look I like. Tks for the comments One Pivot.
    Humans are unique in having the ability to learn from others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

mtbr member
    You could also split the difference and get a dawg. Still a very capable bike, little more travel, little rougher intended use than the one20.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I have a one20 duluxe, swapped out the fork for a fox float and have gone 1 x 9 set up, 740mm bars with 80mm stem.Its an awesome ride and every body who has ridden it say the same. In total ita about 12.0 kg

Front Range, Colorado
    Damn! Where's Kona dude when you need him.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

Live 2 Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    Damn! Where's Kona dude when you need him.
    Must be talking about someone else.
    My Bike: '03 Specialized HardRock FrankenBike
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    I think the One20 is the same as the Kona Four but with more travel. I have a Kona Four. I like it a lot. I don't know what it weighs, but it has a scandium frame that is fairly light for a FS frame. I have an old Santa Cruz Blur (classic) too. I can't really tell much difference between the two. It's a really good all-round XC trail bike. Rides like a sofa. Beats the heck out of a hardtail. I've never noticed any pedal bob and I just have the most basic air shock there is. I'd highly recommend it unless you're into really aggressive crazy jumping and just need a beefy frame and macho shock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thoughts on Kona One20?-p1010185-copy.jpg