mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Thoughts on knicker for cycling

I have seen many a messenger wearing these. I would assume they keep you alittle warmer in the winter months. I would like to know from those who wear them, why do yo wear them. They are cool, not making fun of anybody. But function wise beside above comment how are they helping you or are they just a fashion statement for messenger's.

Also am thinking of making my own and need to know, are they suppose to hug your body thus making you cut down the wind resistance or should they be alittle baggy on your body? Is cotton best or a combo of cotton polyester material? What would be best material to make them out of, a light weight cotton?

banned
    I wear a set of Endura knickers. Love em.

I couldn't make the Enduras, but if I felt the need to make some for some reason, I would just cut the pant legs off some pants below the knees. BOOM! Instant knicker. You are cool now.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I don't but will buy some Endura pretty quick,

I was thinking of sewing a small leather knee patch on them, just for a little protection.

Get Down Do you
    I wear Chrome Shins in the winter months or when I want a bit more protection for my legs. I have a shorter inseam so they actually sit pretty low on my leg and are perfect for NC winter riding and are way more comfortable than the BIBs that my buddies wear. They look much cooler too almost like normal pants. Way to hot for summer rides but fall-spring I can wear them.

Progression is fine just remember to respect your roots.

[SIZE="3"] Click to see my Orange Ano Blur LT[/SIZE]

banned
    Sep 2005
    Rumor has it Hoss is coming out with some Knickers.