Huckin' trails

Thinking of replacing saddle's vinyl before foam tears up too

Hey, I have this Avocet Mountain 15w saddle that I like a lot on my commuter bike, and while I know it's not a big deal or expensive saddle, the vinyl is tearing up in 2-3 spots, mostly from being burn by the sun, grinded on concrete and brick walls, ridden in -30, etc. The foam is still in good shape though.

Last year at a boat show, I came across this new synthetic leather, Ultra Leather, by UltraFabrics, and it's damn sweet as you could ever dream for a saddle, because it's soft, very resistant, flexible like leather, but stay cool to the touch, even in hot sunlight, and not sticky, even when wet.

However I don't think you could buy it by the yard at your local store, but if I could get my hands on some, I'd try to replace the vinyl on my saddle using this.

Does anybody ever got into this kind of project as to make new upholstery for your saddle ? Or know more about the best or better way to get the right material for it ?

Thinking of replacing saddle's vinyl before foam tears up too-imageuploadedbytapatalk1372278884.894305.jpg

Thinking of replacing saddle's vinyl before foam tears up too-imageuploadedbytapatalk1372279143.803966.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    I had one of my Flite saddles covered in marine vinyl by Recovered Saddle. It's been about a year and a half and it's holding up well. Here's a brief write up.
    Dave
    Blog / Strava