mtbr member
    Nov 2004

supplement food overdose...is there such?

im preparing for a 230k mountain trek 2 days from now. it's goin to be a paved terrain but totally ascending ride.i didnt have enough time to train bonk resistance-wise and i'm planning to bank on taking energy supplement (GU gel and powerbar)from now and during the ride.im wondering if there is such thing as overdose of these supplement foods?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I doubt if you could overdose on those things. The only supplements that it's possible to overdose on are vitamin supplements... so you have nothing to worry about. On the other hand, if you're going to be out there for awhile, gels and bars might not cut it. You're going to want real food after awhile. Use the gels and bars, but I would pack some real food as well. If you're out for a long time, you won't be moving as fast as you would on a shorter ride, so it's easier to digest things. My suggestions are bananas, trail mix, sandwiches, chocolate, bagels and anything else your heart desires.

Quote Originally Posted by ARITAO_CHAMELEON
    im preparing for a 230k mountain trek 2 days from now. it's goin to be a paved terrain but totally ascending ride.i didnt have enough time to train bonk resistance-wise and i'm planning to bank on taking energy supplement (GU gel and powerbar)from now and during the ride.im wondering if there is such thing as overdose of these supplement foods?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Good job! USER NAME-nice advice thanks a lot

wish you could come over here in the philippines to join us with my friends in our mtb adventures!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    I doubt if you could overdose on those things. The only supplements that it's possible to overdose on are vitamin supplements... so you have nothing to worry about. On the other hand, if you're going to be out there for awhile, gels and bars might not cut it. You're going to want real food after awhile. Use the gels and bars, but I would pack some real food as well. If you're out for a long time, you won't be moving as fast as you would on a shorter ride, so it's easier to digest things. My suggestions are bananas, trail mix, sandwiches, chocolate, bagels and anything else your heart desires.