mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Strange encounters...?

Hi guys,

It's our #MTBMonday twitterchat tonight over on Twitter and we're asking - 'Have you ever had any strange encounters out on the trails?'

It would be great to get some of you involved. If you're on Twitter, join in by following us - Pure Mountains or the hashtag #MTBMonday at 8pm UK time (about 3 hours after this was posted - wherever you are!)

Happy trails!

Pete
    Pure Mountains

Chamois Dropper
    Can't really say I've had any strange encounters, although we did almost run over a Coral snake last Saturday.
    My wife and I will be staying at Pure Mountains around the first of the year, for 4 days of riding. We are really psyched and I can't wait to ride some new terrain! See you then !
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

Gears... I hate gears
    Sep 2011
    does a unicyclist riding a black diamond count? if so, then yes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Does seeing a couple having sex count? How about seeing a guy wearing nothing but sandles?

mtbr member
    I was on this big granite boulder jacking off in the beautiful sunset and some idiot comes along and starts throwing rocks at me - WTF?

Geeze, the nerve of some people!

mtbr member
    Last edited by limba; 12-23-2012 at 08:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Ha. Sorta. My donkey was just looking at me. Waiting for me to move off of his trail. I saw a few more later on. I guess they're all over the place.

I4NI
    Last thursday evening I rode pass a group of campers eating dinner and got an invite to eat. No women so said no thanks and rode on. Ture story
    There....Are... Four...Lights!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Oh guys - these are great. Wish you could have joined in over on Twitter. We had some good stories though - plenty of sex, a tranvestite, some badgers, some armadillos, even some druids! What a night. Any suggestions for next week's topic? This is what we've covered this year - #MTBMonday Topics to date... - Pure Mountains' Space
    P

No Stranger to danger....
    I was chased for a mile by a man with a rubber gimp mask and nothing but army boots on, he was waiving a huge butt plug at least 2ft long and as wide as a soft ball.
    It was dark n i was scared, and i had no lube handy.....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Riding in Oregon as much as I have, plenty of naked people walking on the trails, swimming in adjacent streams, etc. Something about Oregon and no clothes ...

A couple weird ones, though -- I came flying down a trail into a large clearing, and found myself right in the middle of about 50 people involved in a full scale medieval battle. Full suits of armor, chain mail, swords, damsels in push-up dresses, all of that. Some dude near me stops his battle, takes his helmet off, and says "nice ride?" like the scenario was the most normal thing in the world. I nod my head and say "take it easy" as I pedal off. Turns out, it is called LARPING.

Last summer, pedaling up a common feeder trail in a very busy trail area on the edge of SLC. I was passed by a couple of riders (which is not unusual for me when climbing), the first being a tall, very fit-looking guy in full spandex team kit. He was accompanied by a stout fellow wearing only a wife-beater tank top and chamois liner shorts -- you know, the kind meant to be under other shorts. They were stretched to the max, and make of thin material anyway, so there was nothing left to the imagination. Just an odd pairing of individuals.
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

mtbr member
    I've seen a Chinese funeral procession complete with hired mourers playing the most awful music you've ever heard. Also seen lots of herds of sheep and goats.

I was riding through the city of Jinghong in the Xishuangbanna region of Yunnan once in China with a friend and we made a wrong turn. We passed a camel and everything started to look kind of like Damascus or Afghanistan or something. People in Muslim clothes everywhere. The road dead ended at a mosque where there was some big event going on. The camel struck me as particularly weird.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BacDoc View Post
    I was on this big granite boulder jacking off in the beautiful sunset and some idiot comes along and starts throwing rocks at me - WTF?

Geeze, the nerve of some people!
    You aint from west ginia and OT are ya?

official eMpTyBRain
    Just those pesky Cougars...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    How about a tandem bike with an inflate a date strapped to the second seat...

mtbr member

The end of it all

Yesterday, I ran into a large group of eastern europeans at Bunny Flat on Mt. Shasta. They were there for the ascension into heaven on the holy day, 12/12/12. I was there to tele six inches of powder over crust. I had super skiing, they drove off without being ascended.

Right now, there's some snow over even the new mtb trails. The entertainer and the entire complex of mtb trails above McBride Springs is snowed in. Up the mountain, about 12 feet of snow.

banned
    Sep 2011
    I came upon some dude wearing an adult diaper just walking through the trail in pure daylight. Guess he didn't think he'd get cought out there .I just pretended I didn't see anything. Saw two girls making out in the woods....Did a take-two on that one...lol..

true story....

mtbr member
    In Gatineau Quebec I took a new trail I thought I had discovered. Turned a corner and there where 4 dudes on their backs, sunbathing in the nude. I didn't wait around to see if they saw me.