mtbr member
    Jan 2006

STOLEN: 2011 Specialized Epic 29er in Orlando, FL

On Sunday January 15th between 12am and 8am my 2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er was stolen from the back of my truck at the EO Inn,one block from Lake Eola,behind the Panera bread in Orlando,FL.

The thief cut a bike cable lock,and a fork lock to get it.

If someone tries to sell this,please contact the Orlando Police Department at 407-246-2470,
    Thank you,

Jared Hartman

MAGICSHINE LIGHT WAS MOUNTED TO HANDLEBAR

SIGMA BIKE COMPUTER WAS MOUNTED TO HANDLEBAR

PLEASE CALL THE ORLANDO POLICE DEPT AT (407) 246-2470
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STOLEN: 2011 Specialized Epic 29er in Orlando, FL-2011-spec-epis-29.jpg  

Last edited by aenima; 02-10-2012 at 10:19 AM.

insert blank disk
    bump, hope you find it

mtbr member
    I am sorry. I hope you find it.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gorilla on a bike…

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by down2ride View Post
    bump, hope you find it
    That sucks! I hope you get it back and the scumbag gets what's coming to him
    By looking at the time frame that it was taken it would appear you left it in the back of your truck while you slept over night in a hotel. Lesson learned! I would of had my bike in the hotel room in bed under the covers.

Not to get off track but this reminded me of an experience I had. Several years ago there were fires storming through all around San Diego. Well my girlfriend and I were evacuated from our home. We hurried and loaded up the two vehicles with our prized possesions that we only had a half hour to figure out. My bike ended up being one of them. We got to the hotel and the bike was one of the few things we unloaded and brought into the room. Most everything else remained in the vehicles over night. My girl thought I was nuts. Number one for taking it from the house and number two for bringing it into the hotel.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

banned
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aenima View Post
    On Sunday January 15th between 12am and 8am my 2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er was stolen from the back of my truck at the EO Inn,one block from Lake Eola,behind the Panera bread in Orlando,FL.

The thief cut a bike cable lock,and a fork lock to get it.

If someone tries to sell this,please contact the Orlando Police Department at 407-246-2470,or myself at 352-817-3960, or email me at jaredhartman@yahoo.com.

I am offering a reward of $500 for it's return in the same condition in which it was taken.

Thank you,

Jared Hartman

*$500 REWARD FOR RETURN OF STOLEN SPECIALIZED EPIC COMP 29ER IN THE ORLANDO / LAKE EOLA AREA 1/15/2012

MAGICSHINE LIGHT WAS MOUNTED TO HANDLEBAR

SIGMA BIKE COMPUTER WAS MOUNTED TO HANDLEBAR

PLEASE CALL THE ORLANDO POLICE DEPT AT (407) 246-2470 OR THE OWNER (352) 817-3960

*UP TO $500 CASH REWARD -MUST BE RETURNED IN EXCELLENT CONDITION FOR THE FULL REWARD TO BE
    Damn, that is a real BUMMER! Sorry to hear that bro, seriously.

Need a picture of your steed bro! I have noticed that a lot of stolen MTB's from the Orlando area make their way down my way (Melbourne/Palm Bay area). I am not a law enforcement officer, but I work hand in hand with them (local authorities that is), and I here of and see stolen bikes making their way down here from your area.

Throw in a pic of your steed or PM the pic & possibly this bikes serial number, and I will get the word out down here bro. Seriously!

As per the reward, not really interested in that, more interested in getting back your ride, but of course, no promises on that either. Got to take the good with the bad bro.

On-On!

addicted to chunk
    That sucks, hope you get it back!

I always bring my bikes into the hotel (stay in a lot for work), as long as they aren't terribly dirty they don't usually care.
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Here is a pic of the bike.

Bonsai,I will send you the Serial number this afternoon.

The police have it also,and it should be in the system.

Thanks,Jared
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STOLEN: 2011 Specialized Epic 29er in Orlando, FL-2011-spec-epis-29.jpg  

mtbr member
    Have you seen this thread (Washington) which was recently started?

Anyone had a 2011 Specialized Epic stolen?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Do you home owners insurance? If so, check with them if you can recoop some loses.
    AirlineBagFees.com/bicycles | Find out what it costs flying with a bike on the airlines

banned
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aenima View Post
    Here is a pic of the bike.

Bonsai,I will send you the Serial number this afternoon.

The police have it also,and it should be in the system.

Thanks,Jared
    Awesome, and thanks! I will get it out on the bulletin tomorrow with the local authorities & BCSO. Hopefully one of them will be able to recover your steed. I will also contact some of my riding buddies up that way along with contacting my buddy Kyle at Kyles Bike Shop in Orlando. He knows a lot of Orlando riders that can keep an eye open for it.

That is a common looking frame, but being a 29'er, it will stand out a bit more, especially if they leave everything attached to it.

I wish you the very best in recovering your steed bro!!

local jackass
    Thieves suck!!! I hope you get your ride back!
    His
    2010 FSR XC
    2010 ALLEZ
    Hers
    2012 Myka 29'r
    2009 Cannondale Synapse 5
    Down East Cyclists

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    That sucks, hope you get it back!

I always bring my bikes into the hotel (stay in a lot for work), as long as they aren't terribly dirty they don't usually care.
    I usually make someone stay with my suv when at rest stops when traveling with my bikes. So, I couldn't even fathom the very thought of leaving my bikes on my suv when staying at a hotel. It's much easier to bring them in, then taking the risk of having them stolen. And, my thought is, they WILL get stolen. Thule locks, or any lock for that matter, aren't enough to keep pieces of shite at bay. I don't care what area I'm in, trust no one. And, thankfully I've never had a bike stolen.

Good luck with getting it back though

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    that's horrible. i hope you reconcile with her.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Just bought a specilized and was sad that it wasnt yours but glad to

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hanklr View Post
    I usually make someone stay with my suv when at rest stops when traveling with my bikes. So, I couldn't even fathom the very thought of leaving my bikes on my suv when staying at a hotel. It's much easier to bring them in, then taking the risk of having them stolen. And, my thought is, they WILL get stolen. Thule locks, or any lock for that matter, aren't enough to keep pieces of shite at bay. I don't care what area I'm in, trust no one. And, thankfully I've never had a bike stolen.

Good luck with getting it back though
    Thule locks don't work worth crap. Stick a flathead into it and you can turn the whole lock off.
    Current Ride:
    Ibis Mojo SL-R - Medium - South Beach White
    '11 Specialized Roubaix Compact Rival