Thread: STIKRD vs. SLIK

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

STIKRD vs. SLIK

I recently purchased custom decals from both companies so I thought I would do a head to head review:

STIKRD

I was looking for a custom decals for a x-fusion and ended up ordering frame decals as well. I made all of my requests through the frontman and had nothing but problems dealing with the designer. I provided the artwork from the frame manufacturer and requested matte black decals. I had requested orange custom decals for the shock. Long story short, the designer spent a bunch of time making custom orange decals for the frame instead and then wanted to charge an outrageous custom fee of $70 usd. Despite my gut feeling, I worked them down to $70 for both the frame and shock decals only to be grossly disappointed when I received them. The dimensions of the frame decals were too small even with step by step application as per the directions. The material was really stretchy plastic with weak glue, especially on small sections like the ends of the lettering. I ended up tearing it all off once installed, except for the shock decal which is no longer on the bike anyway. Basically throwing away $70 on top of a terrible customer service experience.

SLIK

I ordered frame and fork decals from SLIK and more fork decals since. Pretty straightforward process. Go online, choose the make, size, colour and then select the custom option. SLIK then send an email asking for more details like colour hex#'s and artwork. The stickers have almost a reinforced feeling and they withstand prolonged use really well. The only gripe would be that cut the edges of the stickers are white so they aren't completely seamless on the frame and fork. The price is totally reasonable plus shipping to Canada.

Conclusion

Based on my experience, choose SLIK all day every day. Their prices were less than half of STIKRD's and the check-out process is smooth with someone on the end working hard to deliver exactly what you asked for. You wont get any cranky designer confusing your order and acting like print job constitutes actual artwork.

That makes me smart
    Good info. I wish you had put 'custom stickers' in the heading of your post to make future searches easier.
    "I can almost smell the alcohol oozing from that post."

mtnbkrmike

A global map of winds. Pretty cool.

mtbr member
    For what it's worth, just last week I had Stikr'd make me up stock Fox fork and shock stickers in Yeti turquoise and it was an easy process. I put the stickers on last night and they seem fine to me. The designer even threw in a few cool extra Yeti decals that are fun. I wouldn't rule out Stikr'd just yet if you're looking for new decals.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    @finch yeah thats true, I should have added keywords to the title. Maybe if a mod ever see's this they can help out.

@JNKER good point, hopefully this will be a good resource for decision making based on everyone's unique experience. I expect STIKRD are in their early stages and will be working out all of their kinks. I just hate throwing money away, especially with something cosmetic like this.

mtbr member
    Yep. Just adding to your "vs" thread.

mtbr member
    Defiantly don't count STIKRD out, I had some Wheel decals made up and the process was smooth. The designer kept me up to date, made the design exactly how I wanted despite my indecisiveness ha ha. When I received the decals the quality of the material was top notch. The reason the material is a little stretchy is the type of 3M decal they use it has very small holes to help with bubbles. This also allows for the sticker to be molded around curves ect. Needless to say it worked Flawlessly and has been on my wheels for the past month with no issues. I am now in the process of getting Frame decals and fork decals done. The customer service up to this point again has been wonderful no complaints.

mtbr member
    I ordered stickers from Stikrd for my channel and later ended up doing a project with them to redo all the graphics on my bike. I've been happy with the project as well as the guys when I met them. I can't speak to the OP's experience, only my own, and when I placed my first order I barely had any subscribers. I say that because otherwise it could be percieved I got some sort of special treatment because of the channel. For those of you interested here is the video I did with them:

https://youtu.be/8YBtDlC96-A
    </robert> ::: B1KER.com - Be One