mtbr member

Stationary Bikes

Not sure if this is the right board, but I didn't know where else to post it. Long story short, I have a brutal elbow injury that prevents me from mountain biking, so in light of that I've decided to stick with the road/stationary bikes. It's been forever since I rode or even looked at a bike do to my injury. I'm in the market for a nice quality stationary bike to get back into things. Can anyone recommend anything? I've been told to use the gym bikes, but I refuse to step foot into another gym again...that's another story, lol.

Thanks guys!
    Passion Drives Life

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Get a spin bike...

The fact that your a biker i would highly reccommend a spin bike as they ride and feel more like a BIKE.
    I ride mine year around,actually enjoy it,sits in front of TV so i ride while i watch ESPN.
    They are highly adjustable and can kick your butt if thats what you want.

A google search will produce many many options and seems the heavier the flywheel the more expensive.

Mine is a Aristo CS-2 commercial grade,smooth and quiet.
    A friend has two, Lifespan and Multisports and loves them both.

Oh...forgot to mention,make sure its belt driven.

mtbr member
    +1 for a Spinning bike, love mine even though it kicks my butt everytime I ride it
    Mine is a Best Fitness BFEB5 I got at a LBS, it is just like the Spinning brand on TV and about $100 cheaper, just wish I could stay on it for 1 hour

mtbr member
    Have you thought about a trainer for your bike. I got this for Christmas this year and really like it.

http://www.amazon.com/Kurt-Kinetic-M...843717&sr=8-10

mtbr member
    Thanks for the responses guys! Its been a few days sorry...finals. I also got some other suggestions and I'm kinda leaning more toward the trainer right now. I'm going to post pics of my bike later on today to see what I can do and for more suggestions.
    Passion Drives Life