Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sweep the leg!

Springsteen's half-time slide

Did anyone else laugh when "the Boss" took a running start and slid on his knees along the stage directly into the camera man? And I thought the sideline cameramen had it tough.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

human dehumidifier
    The Boss must've been wearing The Cup
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Springsteen sucked last night.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CupOfJava
    Springsteen sucked last night.
    Seemed really out of shape. Even my 10 year old step-son said "he seems tired out".

For the kind of money those guys get, you'd think they'd put more time into keeping in shape.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    For being 59 I think he did alright...

Riding makes me happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob
    The Boss must've been wearing The Cup
    [SIZE="3"][FONT=Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"]You guys and gals make me want to ride off-road.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Check out my Twitter: http://twitter.com/Bohamilton[/SIZE]

knock-knock...
    im going to disneyland!

what was that??
    i smell a rat-Patrick Henry

squish is good
    Quote Originally Posted by skottt160
    im going to disneyland!

what was that??
    I think it was a joke...

Never been a fan of Springsteen. He's the blue collar people's rock star but he only sells his CD's at Wal-Mart. He is a joke.
    Bike good, work bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchman83
    I think it was a joke...

Never been a fan of Springsteen. He's the blue collar people's rock star but he only sells his CD's at Wal-Mart. He is a joke.
    So it's the white collar workers that are the true enablers of Wal-Mart?

I've never been much of a fan of his either, gave away the one record of his I bought many years back. That Steve guy is very annoying... I wonder how many of the players enjoy the country and western bands or the rock bands that play at games? Then again, We Are the Champions from ol' Freddy Mercury has become a standard at stadiums thoughout the sports world...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Hic-A-Doo-La!
    How many acoustic guitarists do they need to play that crap anyway? I think I counted 3 at one point. The Boss must subscribe to the "more must be better" philosophy of making crappy music.

knock-knock...
    i usually am a fan of his music, but not so much of that show.

songs like born to run, dancing in the dark, point blank and no surrender always did it for me

wg
    Fermented Grain Sampler
    I think it was a joke...

Heard about that on (KFOG I think) the radio and he's regretting that. I think the marketing dept didn't check with the CEO.

He looked like he was just having fun. The production standards of a field show like that has to be different than his normal stadium gigs. I think it'd been funny if he kissed Clarence like he did in the early years. I think the nipple gate controversy would have been minor in comparison.
    Don't harsh my mello

Question for you Springsteen fans, who were the two gals on guitar? Wilson sisters? Or are they just E Street regulars?
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Umm redhead was from the e-street band and i believe he was married to her at one time.

They are running out of unsexual geriatric has been rock acts to play the superbowl half-time show.

Sir Paul was by far the worst.........
    [SIZE="5"]It's easy to make a buck, it's much harder to make a difference."[/SIZE]

knock-knock...
    alice cooper would be sweeet though

Riding makes me happy!
    The No Fun League is far too conservative with their choices after nipplegate.
    [SIZE="3"][FONT=Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"]You guys and gals make me want to ride off-road.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Check out my Twitter: http://twitter.com/Bohamilton[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

The red head

Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    Question for you Springsteen fans, who were the two gals on guitar? Wilson sisters? Or are they just E Street regulars?
    Is Patti Scialfa I think thats the spelling of her name, and yes he was married to her. Did anyone else notice the cound system seemed to be pumping and sounded terrible? Jim

I Love my Rize
    Yea he sucked and always did or more like pathetic. He's just a tool that thinks his opinion is the gospel like the rest of the holier than thou crowd. That being said I think they had a Trauma team standing by for his performance just in case he had a corinary.......lol
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by wg
    Heard about that on (KFOG I think) the radio and he's regretting that. I think the marketing dept didn't check with the CEO....
    OK, so what was his, "I'm going to Disney World" comment at the end? The Boss is a sell-out. Last good album was Darkness, notice how he only played his old stuff, it's the same for his live concerts.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by skottt160
    alice cooper would be sweeet though
    Hell yes! Cooper still puts on an awesome show everytime!

Ozzy might not be bad either, but there is no way the nofun zone patrol would ever trust Ozzy with a live broadcast hahah
    [SIZE="5"]It's easy to make a buck, it's much harder to make a difference."[/SIZE]

NMBP
    He's the blue collar people's rock star but he only sells his CD's at Wal-Mart. He is a joke.

Where did you come up with this? I bought Working On A Dream (his latest) at Costco. 50 sites show up as having is doing a Google shopping search. Amazon also carries lots, if not all of his CD's.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

those are Rollercams...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    The redhead is Patti Scialfa-Springsteen, his wife.
    The blond is Soozie Tyrell who's played on several Springsteen albums and while not an official member of the E-Street Band, has toured with Bruce on and off over the years, most notably during the Seeger Sessions tour.

Those of you who don't get the "I'm going to Disneyland" line apparently don't watch the Super Bowl much. For years,Disney had an ad that ran right after the game ended, the winning QB was always asked e.g. Announcer: "Joe Quarterback, you just won the Super Bowl, what are you going to do now?!!" Joe QB: "I'm going to Disneyworld/land!!!"

Obviously Bruce commenting on his own victory at this year's game.

Yeah, I'm a big fan.

Truly a wealth of useless information.

http://blackdogadventureteam.blogspot.com/

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy
    Where did you come up with this? I bought Working On A Dream (his latest) at Costco. 50 sites show up as having is doing a Google shopping search. Amazon also carries lots, if not all of his CD's.
    During the halftime show a guy here mentioned he'd read in the newspaper that Bruce had sold out to Wal-Mart, letting them be the sole source for his latest release ... must not be true?
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Bruce's nutslide into the camera was downright disgusting. I feel the person at the camera should be entitled to damages for having to go through the horror of having a 100 year old crotch jammed in his grill.

I felt the horror just seeing it on the TV, that poor cameraman is gonna be reliving that scene until kingdom come.

knock-knock...
    thanks for the explanation wtb-rider!
    guess i dont watch the super bowl enough... darn...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast