mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Specialty Racing Products (SRP) - backorders and non responsiveness

Any members have experience with SRP - good or bad? I've ordered from them numerous times in the past without too much issue, but my order from two months ago - four chainring bolts, one crank bolt and two M6 bolts - has yet to be processed, and SRP 'Customer Service' is seemingly non-existent and completely unresponsive to emails.

Perhaps a sign of impending doom for SRP? Time will tell.

Disappointing really as I recall SRP back when time began for weight weenie stuff and they were a very motivated and responsive company. I now order from Pro-Bolt in the UK with absolutely no issues - products are the same level of quality if not better and more diverse, shipping is cheaper and faster, and they actually respond to emails.
    Kittens give Morbo gas

on a routine expedition
    I found this thread looking for others with bad experiences with SRP. I too placed an order, paid via PayPal, and never received the product. Unfortunately, I waited longer than the 45 days PayPal allows you to dispute a transaction, so I'm out of luck with that potential solution.

I have tried numerous times to contact SRP via their website contact form and also using the support@srp-usa.com email address.

According to PayPal, my payment went to Peter Mendes, who owned Waiteco Precision Machining, which has now changed it's name to Peak Manufacturing. I have attempted to contact Mr Mendes through these channels as well, with no response.

I would strongly advise everyone to avoid doing business with Peter Mendes and srp-usa.com.

If anyone has successfully either received their product, or been graced with a reply from SRP in the past 6 months, please post here. I'd love to hear how you were able to achieve such an apparently impossible feat.

Quote Originally Posted by DEK2688 View Post
    Any members have experience with SRP - good or bad? I've ordered from them numerous times in the past without too much issue, but my order from two months ago - four chainring bolts, one crank bolt and two M6 bolts - has yet to be processed, and SRP 'Customer Service' is seemingly non-existent and completely unresponsive to emails.

Perhaps a sign of impending doom for SRP? Time will tell.

Disappointing really as I recall SRP back when time began for weight weenie stuff and they were a very motivated and responsive company. I now order from Pro-Bolt in the UK with absolutely no issues - products are the same level of quality if not better and more diverse, shipping is cheaper and faster, and they actually respond to emails.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Honestly I had all but forgotten about this issue with SRP - I just order my Ti goods from Pro-Bolt in the UK and will never order from SRP again.

I've tried the route of contacting Peter Mendes via email and through 'customer service' as well and had absolutely no response in nearly a year of trying. You can try his email, but you're guaranteed to never get a reply.

Today I emailed Peak Manufacturing (SRP's parent company - formerly called Waiteco Machine) but have yet to see a reply. Granted, its only been a few hours and not a month.

Peak Mfg (nee: Waiteco Machine) owners name is William Waite. I'll give Peak Mfg a call in a day or so - just for sh*ts and giggles their number is apparently (978) 772-5535. Who knows if that is even right or if they have any connection - unclaimed or otherwise - to SRP.

Needless to say, I concur wholeheartedly that anyone considering ordering from SRP should just save their money and the associated heartache and buy from a company that actually knows how to click reply on their email and ship out product after taking money from customers.

It only been a year since I placed my order with SRP. I'm completely certain that I'll never see anything out of them. Should be fun on the phone though...
    Kittens give Morbo gas

on a routine expedition
    Did a little more digging and found this old thread from 2007. Sounds like SRP and Peter Mendes have kept the website up, accepting orders and payment for quite a while now.

SRP still around?

I noticed their WHOIS info was last updated in 2009, so it's not like they have just forgotten to deactivate the website, or at least the order form.

I wonder if Peter Mendes runs Peak Manufacturing in the same dishonest fashion?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    The really big burn was that I had some success in prior orders from SRP - albeit small 3 to 5 bolt orders, but still. In fact I had placed and received an order just a month before my unfulfilled order was accepted and paid. My unfulfilled order still shows as "Processing" - nearly a year after paying the invoice.

I'll post how my call to Peak Mfg. goes - or even if it is still the right number. The number listed on Peak Mfg. webpage went to a personal cell phone with no voicemail activation. Nice.

Isn't taking money for goods or services and then not providing the goods or services otherwise known as common theft? Makes you wonder how many others are in the same boat regardless of how much or little the amount is.
    Kittens give Morbo gas

on a routine expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by DEK2688 View Post
    The really big burn was that I had some success in prior orders from SRP - albeit small 3 to 5 bolt orders, but still. In fact I had placed and received an order just a month before my unfulfilled order was accepted and paid. My unfulfilled order still shows as "Processing" - nearly a year after paying the invoice.

I'll post how my call to Peak Mfg. goes - or even if it is still the right number. The number listed on Peak Mfg. webpage went to a personal cell phone with no voicemail activation. Nice.

Isn't taking money for goods or services and then not providing the goods or services otherwise known as common theft? Makes you wonder how many others are in the same boat regardless of how much or little the amount is.
    Found another number: 978-772-1346

edit: and another: (978) 422-4481 via: http://www.corporationwiki.com/Massa.../55577388.aspx

I too am surprised they've gone this long taking money and not shipping product without more people getting angry.