Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Spd m-780

  1. #1
    Reputation: yoelmtb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Spd m-780

    I damaged head of the adjusting ping on one of the pedals, so the wrench doesn't work. the question is can it be replaced and where can I get a new pin?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I'm assuming you are talking about the tension adjustment screw. It is not listed as an available replacement part on any of Shimano's technical documents for that pedal series, but you may be able to call Shimano ((949) 951-5003) or go to your local shop and have them try to contact them about a replacement for it (or one from a busted pedal). Someone here may even be able to help you out.

    Firs things first, though. You'll need to extract the busted bolt. The easiest way is to cut/pound a groove into the deformed head, and remove it with a screwdriver. There are a number of other ways, though. If you are not comfortable doing it, bring it to a machine shop or your local bike shop.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts



VISIT US AT and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.