'11 Opus Strat

So many choices!

Hey guys,

I hate making small threads like this because they get answered so quick ( yes I did do the 'search' but it fails me everytime lol )

Anyways.. Ordering my X7 3x9 crankset. TODAY!!! YAY!

Firstly: JensonUSA or CRC? ( any other reputable sites? ) Jenson has it for $164 and CRC for $198 ( I am in Canada to so shipping is a big thing ) the obvious choice is the cheaper one, but I want to know some first hand experiences with either of the two places.

Secondly: Need to get a new cassette as well.. but I am just that much of a newbie still that I am not sure which will be compatible/run well with the X7 3x9 ( or if that's even a worry lol )

I narrowed it down as much as I could on the Jenson site. Components > Drivetrain > Cassettes | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    Quote Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
    I'm surprised you could hear her complaining over the sound of the vacuum.

The Original Suspect
    I have had great experiences with Jenson. Never ordered from CRC so I can't comment there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    About the best deal around is the SLX crankset at Jenson for $90.
    When you order from Jenson, you will pay taxes and shipping up front. Adds substantially to the price. You will get your parts in about 2 days.
    When you order from CRC, shipping is free. You might get away without taxes - I find about 50% of the time. A substantial savings. It will take about 7 days, maybe a bit longer to get your parts.
    I have ordered from both to Canada many times, they are both very good.

I've been buying the Shimano HG80 9 speed cassette lately. It's not expensive, the large gears are on a carrier and all gears are drilled.
    Shimano HG80 9 Speed MTB Cassette | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

B.Ike
    +1 on the slx crankset (I believe you have to order a bb with that deal). My last few orders from jenson have taken over a week but I didn't get charged taxes or shipping. I live in NM.
    as far as drive train compatibility, deraileurs and shifters have to match, all else can be mixed, assuming its all the same speed stuff (9 or 10). there's some compatibility between 10/9 speed stuff, but that's a different topic.

Ride Instigator
    I've been ordering from Jenson for years an always considered them to be one of the best. I've had a couple issues here and there but they always resolved them quickly and hassle free. Never ordered from CMC so I can't coment there.

mtbr member
    For shipping into Canada I find CRC to be the best bet - They have free international shipping on orders (over $100 I believe) and Jenson always adds a minimum of $20 shipping into Canada.

As stated above, a good chunk of my orders from CRC into Canada get in tax free - so another plus for CRC

Shipping times is about even.

'11 Opus Strat
    Quote Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
    I'm surprised you could hear her complaining over the sound of the vacuum.