mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Smith Interloc Sunglasses

Any using them and have any thoughts? The reviews I have found have been good overall except one claimed the light creeps in through lens and frame which would be no bueno.

Because these sources are not known MTBRs, they are suspect, so I post here

mtbr member

Have a pair, they're great

I got a scratch in my Smith remix glasses - I shipped them back to the company and they sent me a new pair of Smith Interlock 01's for $60. That's pretty good, considering that the Remix's were 7 years old and only cost me $45. (New interlocks are probably up near $150).

The only time I saw light creeping in from the corners was when I put the wrong lens in the wrong side.

It is easy to change lenses, just twist the arms and they open up. The ignitor lenses are good, not as good as my Carrera C-8's, but they do the job (at a fraction of the cost). The clear lens is just a clear lens (but I think it is UV protected). The polarized lenses are not my favorite. I much prefer the regular grey lens that Smith makes (I got them for $20 and threw them in the glasses for everyday). I don't think polarized is all that it is cracked up to be.

I still think that the Smith Remix's were one of the best models ever. I don't know why they discontinued them. The held croakies really well, they were very comfortable, and had great lenses.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    PB...gracias. I try to throw out the high and low reviews on net for most part. It seemed an odd issue from a company that puts time into product, but it is new product, so I thought it could be an issue. Now I wonder if I can turn my broke ass 10 year old pair into a deep discount..haha.

sonoranbiker
    Dec 2006
    I just got a pair on warranty (returned a pair of District IIs), and so far they're great. I like the polar brown lens they came with, but use the ignitor more. They seem to be really well, and fit great. My only gripe is that the little pins that the temples are attached to (the ones that spin to open the frame to change lenses) move a little bit and I periodically have to re-adjust the temples. Other than that, great glasses. They also fog up less than my districts.

BTW- I also need to give Smith a plug for their warranty and customer service. I mailed by glasses back on Monday, got a call from them on Wed. confirming the receipt and asking what I wanted them replaced with (mine were discontinued), and got the replacement back on Friday. How cool is that? Best warranty experience I have ever had. The only company that even came close was Patagonia.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hey people, I have a pair of these for sale. They were sent to me after Smith lost my old glasses that I sent in for repair. By the time I got these I had already bought a different pair. If anyone is interested just shoot me an email. cobob89@hotmaildotcom

They are black/polar gray w/ the case and extra lenses. Still have the sticker on the lense.

adios