mtbr member

Sizing difference between Rudy Project Ekynox and Ekynox SX?

I just bought a Rudy Project Ekynox and the "seem" a bit large on my face, fit fine, just look a bit big (helmet almost hits the top of the glasses). Are these supposes to be large glasses? Anyone have any idea how much smaller the SX versions are?
    I'm 6'2" with what I would call a larger sized face, that is why I did not order the SX version first. I don't have any dealers in my area to try on different glasses either.

KMan
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

they're big!

I've worn Rudy Skeys forever, ordered the Ekynox based on the dimensions from the Rudy website. While the numbers were close the shape wasn't. The Ekynoxes were HUGE! Did a return, the SX is slightly smaller size/shape as a Skey, much better fit for me. It comes down to preference, if they're uncomfortable find out if you can exchange them. FWIW I think Rudy has the best setup for prescription users, mine is outside the "recommended" range and I have no issues.

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Quote Originally Posted by KMan
    I just bought a Rudy Project Ekynox and the "seem" a bit large on my face, fit fine, just look a bit big (helmet almost hits the top of the glasses). Are these supposes to be large glasses? Anyone have any idea how much smaller the SX versions are?
    I'm 6'2" with what I would call a larger sized face, that is why I did not order the SX version first. I don't have any dealers in my area to try on different glasses either.

KMan
    Hey Kman,

I had a pair of Ekynoxs, which I sold and later bought a pair of Ekynox SXs...much nicer! The Ekys are just too large for the majority of faces. The Eky SXs are the solution. But, I found the Eky SXs to sit too close to my face, which caused fogging issues when negotiating slow singletrack in humid conditions. I've since started using the Freeons which I really like. They are open at the bottom and sides, which not only helps with venting but with vision.
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com