banned

Sigg Al water bottles

Just saw the gf has a Sigg water bottle and went and did some research on them. Some nice construction in Aluminium, leakguarding in the construction, and some sizes and shapes meant to fit in bottle cages.

Has anyone else used one of these? In addition to the standard model, I'm thinking of picking up one of the steel thermos models.

mtbr member
    Sigg have been around for years.

You can dent them, but the top of the bottle is fairly robust preventing deformation that would lead to leaks.

The tops can be opened slightly, revealing two holes that allow you to pour the contents gently out.

Just one thing, don't leave milk in them for a month. Once you release the cap ( bottle clamped very firmly in a big vice, breaker bar through the lid) the smell is awfull. That one went straight in the bin.

Bit cold on bare hands in the winter though.

banned
    Bought a 1L bottle and a thermos today. Totally dig them. Been spending money on Poland SSpring bottles just for the bottles to refill with filtered water anyhow, so this might save me a bit.

banned
    Been using them all day today and so far, so good.

I'm getting sick of buying things that are disposable, especially when an item like this will pay for itself in a short time and I have a water filter to begin with. The gf's is beaten up, dented, dinged, and scratched. It still doesn't leak. Too bad I can't find the 1.5L sport bottle.

The flask might be my next purchase, as it's small and I can slip it in my computer bag very easily.

The thermos is the best. I got the small diameter classic version in .71L. No glass liner and it keeps the stuff warm as long as advertised. Kick ass, now I can take hot soup out with me on those long trips.

Back to the point-

I'm sick of all these disposable items I have. I drink tons of water and have lots of bottles all over the place, even refilling them. I can play my part and cut down on the trash.

Now I wonder how people would make out with the bike bottle model.
    Last edited by Jerk_Chicken; 11-21-2006 at 08:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Yo JC... Sorry to revive an old thread. Are you still using the Siggs? I've been thinking about replacing some of my Nalgene's and bike water bottles with them... It just seems to make more sense than plastic...

banned
    Still sporting them, along with the thermoses. They are dinged, dented, scratched, and still awesome.