nice marmot.

side of topper bike racks...

i have a pick-up with a topper on it. i have seen what appears to be ladder racks that go over the topper that have bike mounts on either side. this puts the bikes right in front of you for easy mount and dismount as opposed to the top of the vehicle which gets difficult with my short stature. does anyone know of any manafacturers of this type of product or is it a custom-build thing? i have found plenty of ladder-rack websites/builders, but nothing with integrated bike mounts on the sides. come on people of the mtbr forums... find something for me
    Q. how many kids with A.D.D. does it take to change a light bulb?
    A. i don't know, ya wanna go ride bikes?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Do you really want your bike hanging off the side of your truck? Isn't it already wide enough? I would consider it a traffic hazard.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

New but learning
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Do you really want your bike hanging off the side of your truck? Isn't it already wide enough? I would consider it a traffic hazard.
    Not only that, but I'd be afraid for my bike!

slow
    Yakima used to have one called the "Race Ready" in the late 80's or early 90's. The Campy team, among others, used it on either side of their station wagon team vehicles. The ones I have seen more recently were custom welded, but using some parts from Yakima, Rocky Mounts, etc. Maybe see if anyone here has pic you could take to a fabricator.