Shortening Hydrapak Hose

Printable View

  • 08-09-2010
    Twenty Times
    Shortening Hydrapak Hose
    Anybody do it? Successful? I don't see it being hard, but just want to ensure everything fits properly once its done. The hose is longer then I would like.
  • 08-09-2010
    SteveUK
    Just pull the valve out (bite valve is easiest), trim the hose and push the valve back in. Measure twice; cut once. Easy. What could possibly go wrong?
  • 08-09-2010
    bloodyknee
    I'm sure somebody on here could figure out a way to screw this up.
  • 08-09-2010
    AnthemRider
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bloodyknee
    I'm sure somebody on here could figure out a way to screw this up.

    It's easiest to shorten the hose by taking the extra length out of the middle of the hose. That way you don't mess up the ends.
  • 08-09-2010
    Natedogz
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SteveUK
    Just pull the valve out (bite valve is easiest), trim the hose and push the valve back in. Measure twice; cut once. Easy. What could possibly go wrong?

    Exactly what I did and works great. :thumbsup:
  • 08-09-2010
    the-one1
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by AnthemRider
    It's easiest to shorten the hose by taking the extra length out of the middle of the hose. That way you don't mess up the ends.

    :thumbsup:
  • 08-10-2010
    Twenty Times
    My luck the hose would have been heat shrunk or something lol. I get nervous. Now I will go an screw it up with confidence :thumbsup: lol.
  • 08-10-2010
    Stupendous Man
    Just tie a knot or two in the hose to shorten it