mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Shimano Flight Deck?

I have this trip computer on my road bike. Is there a Flight Deck for off road that will work on my '07 RUSH? If so, does it also have the gear indicator function? Thanks.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Doesn't the flight deck sensors that go into the sides of the STI levers simply replace the gear indicators on shimano's triggers?

Not sure, never used the flight deck on a MTB (I use SRAM for my MTBs) but it looks like the bolt pattern and such looks the same.

Ride or die
    I've seen people with flight decks on MTBs. I even kicked around the idea of getting one a couple years ago and I think they are the same that the roadies use. As long as you are using Shimano shifters on your Rush, I don't see why you couldn't put your current Flight deck on the MTB.

Linoleum Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyh3
    Is there a Flight Deck for off road that will work on my '07 RUSH?
    If you have trigger shifters, you can get a MTB wiring harness that will replace your gear indicators.

If you have Dual Control, it appears you are SOL, unless you want to buy the unversal wiring harness. No integration with the shifters - all you get is speed and elapsed time.

http://bike.shimano.com/catalog/cycl...=1188837604689