mtbr member

shimano 747 pedals

I know this is a long shot, but i have a set of m747 pedals that i have had as long as i can remember. I was adjusting the bearings the other day and when i was backing the spindle out the seal finally broke on me. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a new seal? I love these pedals! They have been through 4 bikes now, i dont want to give up on them. I want to give these pedals to my son some day.

mtbr member
    you should be able to get them ordered thru your local LBS...

OnTheTrailAgain
    I have a pair of 737's.
    Bulletproof.
    They take a beating!

Shimano PD-M737 Pedals

Check you PM's for link to site that could help you...

Last edited by 2ndgen; 11-05-2009 at 09:58 AM.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. My LBS owner is a old timer. He can prolly help me out. I was considering just slapping on o-ring in there instead.

At Work
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgto
    I know this is a long shot, but i have a set of m747 pedals that i have had as long as i can remember. I was adjusting the bearings the other day and when i was backing the spindle out the seal finally broke on me. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a new seal? I love these pedals! They have been through 4 bikes now, i dont want to give up on them. I want to give these pedals to my son some day.
    I just let my 535's go (little brother to the 747's), I never once had to rebuild them!!!!! Wondering if I just have let a set of 520's go with my old bike instead!!!!!!! I run 540's now on main ride.
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)

mtbr member
    I didnt have to rebuild them, i just wanted to becasue it seemed like a fun thing to do. I am building a new bike up and i figured i might as well treat my 747s to a little tlc

OnTheTrailAgain
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgto
    Thanks for the info. My LBS owner is a old timer. He can prolly help me out. I was considering just slapping on o-ring in there instead.
    I've seen 747's (rebuilt) for sale (Google it).

But I understand why you might be partial to your current set for sentimental reasons.

Maybe you could try to mix and match parts from era kits or maybe you might be able to use a current rebuild kit parts?

I always wanted to try SPDs and got luck when I got a set free with a Kona I picked up.
    Loved them from the start and I always liked that SPD's have always been considered rock solid pedals that last for years.

I bought a pair of XT-M770's.

The only other pair I'd get would be a pair of XTR's, but that would be for an uber-bike.
    The entire line is virtually identical.
    I'd say that the XT's would be the best set.

My 737's are going to stay with me until they just don't function anymore (I mean, "if" they stop functioning). As soon as I got them, I thoroughly cleaned them and lubed them. I adjusted them a bit to my tastes and that was it. They're beat up as all hell, but work flawlessly. When I mounted them to my Opie, that was the first time I really felt like a Mountain Biker.

I hope you get to rebuild them & keep them in the family.

That'd be cool.