mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Share your garage bike storage solutions and pics

I'd like to see some of the storage ideas that you all have come up with.

Bikes are starting to pile up in my garage --- that's a good thing! I don't have a 3rd car garage or a storage shed, so it's starting to get tight and we want to continue to park the cars in the garage.

So far, I'm thinking wall mounts or hanging. I want easy access to at least 3 bikes.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Do you have a vaulted garage ceiling, because bike lifts will get them more out of the way than anything else.

Otherwise, for a regular width garage you will most likely have to mount the bike parallel to the wall to still fit both cars. This does take a fairly sizable amount of wall-space but it keeps them out of the way better.

I hung mine vertically with a hook through a wheel and the bike standing out from the wall and I was able to fit 3 bikes within a small wall area, but now they stick out at least 40" from the wall

saddlemeat
    Hang them from the living room ceiling, that's what I do. Great conversation starter...
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

mtbr member
    Sorry, no pics, I have 7 bikes, 4 car tires, 4 truck tires, 1 compressor, 2 chain saws, 1 desk, 1 outboard motor,some lumber and lots of other stuff in a single car garage that hasn't seen a car in about 10 years. I do not have any bike hanging system, I had some hung up, but they were in the way of the shelves or the window or cupboards.
    My wife refuses to even go in the garage (maybe that's a good thing....)

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Just surrender to the reality that the bikes go in the garage and the cars belong out on the street. I did.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Between my wife and I, we have 14 bikes. The cruisers have kickstands, so they are parked, but the rest hang.