mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Serfas Pro-Flo ergo grips

Anyone have these - I tried them in a LBS and they feel great. Wondering if they are as good as the ergons, as they are substantially less expensive.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

txn
    mtbr member
    I don't know if I would call $4 substantially less: http://www.rei.com/product/722554

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly55
    Nope. But I bought Ergon GP1 Grips and they rock. Inspires confidence and control also. Plus, my hands have not gone numb yet. I commute to work also and they are perfect for it. I ride on trails as well, and they are just as comfortable.. Cannot figure out why we all are not using these grips yet..... In fact lots of men are buying the female grips. You can get a better hold on the bars..

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by txn
    I don't know if I would call $4 substantially less: http://www.rei.com/product/722554
    True. I did not see the price on REI, I though those were more like $39 but I was mistaken.

Gravity hurts
    I have Ergons now, but I think I might like those more. Those seem like they might let you get your fingers wrapped around more while still giving you the extra support for your wrists. If they are as durable as Ergons I would go for it! $24 is a cheap way to find out.

Ride Everything
    I tried a similar Serfas ergo grip, and they were abysmal.
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I'm curious about these, too.
    for some reason, I haven't seen Serfas grips in any LBS around here in a long while.
    used to ride with Connectors, and they were the best (ha, only) grip I used.

I've been using the Ergon grips for the past six months. I don't really like them very much. they're a little too thick, in my opinion, which makes for a less confident grip on jumps and stuff. I haven't really noticed any great improvement on preventing numbness, either, which is one of the reasons I bought them.

mtbr member
    I have these and like them so far. I thought I got a better grip on the bar than the Ergons

http://www.rei.com/product/752071

mtbr member
    Bump.

Who has used these? I'm wondering about the little horn on the end, and if it actually serves any purpose or can be used as a mini bar end?

The Original Suspect
    I have used both and they are not even in the same league. I switched from the Serfas when the lock ring bold broke under normal torquing. I have Ergon's on both my rides and love them.

The Original Suspect
    Also, to answer your other question: the horn is supposed to take pressure off of the outside of your hand. I didn't notice a difference.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HitmenOnlyInc View Post
    I have used both and they are not even in the same league. I switched from the Serfas when the lock ring bold broke under normal torquing. I have Ergon's on both my rides and love them.
    I have Ergons and like them fine. These Serfas are designed to put the force more toward the center of the hand rather than the outside, which seems like a good idea. I don't think your clamp bolt breaking is representative of the grip in general.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HitmenOnlyInc View Post
    Also, to answer your other question: the horn is supposed to take pressure off of the outside of your hand. I didn't notice a difference.
    Yeah I read that, but it doesn't make sense to me. When I use bar ends and the outside of my hand presses against it, it is uncomfortable, not more comfortable.

I read reviews where people said they like the extra hand position, but that fin looks to small to actually offer another position like a bar end.