I Have Gnarly Potential

Seatpost clamp size

heya guys, quick question. When ordering a new seatpost clamp, what size do you go by when they ask, the acual seatpost size, or the diamater of the outsize of the tube that the seatpost goes in? (some metal tubes may have diff thicknesses for the same size seatpost i guess)

MTB B'dos
    They'll be needing the actual outer diameter of the seattube.

Quote Originally Posted by Krause
    heya guys, quick question. When ordering a new seatpost clamp, what size do you go by when they ask, the acual seatpost size, or the diamater of the outsize of the tube that the seatpost goes in? (some metal tubes may have diff thicknesses for the same size seatpost i guess)
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

I Have Gnarly Potential
    Cool so when a website is selling one and lists diff sizes, their talkin about that also right?

Faller - Expert Class
    Yep, same model, just different size. You could either measure the outer diameter of the seat tube or the inner diameter of the seatpost clamp. "Six in one, half-dozen in the other".

Hope this helps, you should be set!
    2006 Kona Leroi

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider188a
    well just get your asses some juicy 7s and huck down a mountain. thoose v brakes will snap like my butt

I Have Gnarly Potential
    thanks guys

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Also worth noting that the collar diameter often matches the front derailleur clamp diameter (sometimes that spec is easier to look up online).

When shopping for a replacement, sometimes you'll see collars listed 0.1mm larger than you need. (Salsa does this... a 35.0mm collar yet everyone is looking for 34.9mm). This difference is insignificant and won't affect fit.
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

I Have Gnarly Potential
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedub.Nate
    Also worth noting that the collar diameter often matches the front derailleur clamp diameter (sometimes that spec is easier to look up online).

When shopping for a replacement, sometimes you'll see collars listed 0.1mm larger than you need. (Salsa does this... a 35.0mm collar yet everyone is looking for 34.9mm). This difference is insignificant and won't affect fit.
    Very cool

Custom User Title
    May 2005

Man, where was this post a week ago

Just another FOC'er
    Sometimes it does, but not on my Turner 5-Spot or 6-Pack. I'd double check that to be sure!