COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK

New question here. Seat post & Seat rail postion

I just bought a second hand Thompson post not realizing my old post clamp was set back and the Thompsom clamp is right on top the post. I had to slide my seat all the way back to get the correct position. Is there any problem in doing this? Will the rails bend over time? I ride a FS bike and weigh around 170 lbs.
    I can fix it............... my dad has an awesome set of tools

T 3
    X - Pensive Wino

Should be ok-

You'll probably experience more of a "suspension effect" in the rails from that positioning,you didn't mention excatly what seat you're using.With a good quality seat and at your weight along with the FS setup,I doubt you'll have any problems...

Quote Originally Posted by spacoli
    I just bought a second hand Thompson post not realizing my old post clamp was set back and the Thompsom clamp is right on top the post. I had to slide my seat all the way back to get the correct position. Is there any problem in doing this? Will the rails bend over time? I ride a FS bike and weigh around 170 lbs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

It will be rougher on the rails

Quote Originally Posted by spacoli
    I'd be more worried if they were Titanium, but I've read of people breaking seat rails before. Even with a setback seatpost, I have to move the seat to the back of the rails on my i-drive. The seat never failed but eventually the seatpost retainer did. Luckily it wasn't a catastrophic failure. Instead, the teeth just stripped off.