mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Scott Scale RC Jr?

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me locate a Scott bike dealer somewhere in or near Ontario. I would also consider driving to Buffalo/Burlington Vermont or anywhere else 5-7 hours away from Kitchener Ontario.
    I'm looking for a Scott Scale RC Jr. for my daughter. Even better, if anyone has a used one or knows of someone who is looking to sell one, PM me!

Thanks!
    High on Life

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Can't help you out other than to say my 10-year old has one and it's a great choice for that age range. One of the few kid bikes that is actually a REAL bicycle and close to being weight appropriate, etc. Now if someone would just make a REAL fork for the thing...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Racergurl, Sorry to say but I am a Scott dealer and they are sold out of the RC Jr line of bikes and don't plan on getting anymore in. Your best bet is hoping to find a used one somewhere. Scott did say they might have some in England but they cannot import them to the US.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Oh that's too bad. Was hoping to make it her birthday present.
    Thanks for letting me know, Mount Dora Cycles. I'll have to keep searching for a used one then. My kids loved their first Scott bikes.
    High on Life

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Hey Racergurl, let me know what you find for her. I know what you mean about a "real bike". I can't believe that my 50 pound kids have to ride bikes that are heavier than mine. It makes me all the more impressed every time they make it up and over a little rise without having to dismount.

Don't tell my 8 year old, but his 2011 bike is in his aunt's basement. Can't remember all the specs, but it's a 24" wheel Specialized that I picked up even before the bike swap it was intended for, and it is a real bike.

The worst thing is that he's been asking about a new bike for his upcoming birthday (party at Joyride!), but he's not ready for this one quite yet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    A birthday party at Joyride. Now that's a great idea!!

We have a 24" wheel Specialized already, I just wanted something a bit lighter still and the Scott bike was apparently 22 lbs. Would have been great.
    Can you imagine pushing a bike almost half of our own body weight up a hill? I think not!
    High on Life