Thread: Sars Pedals

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Sars Pedals

Anyone ever use these? For a platform, they seem to have some nubs on them for grip.

And look at the weight (200 Grams a Pair!!!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/BICYCLE-BIKE-PED...item439c987d02

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    just looking at their size, their about 1/2 an inch smaller than average pedals though..

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    turns out their basically the same thing as the wellgo wr-1 also, so if any1 has those, how are they?

mtbr member
    I wouldn't use them for any real biking due to a lack of grip and durability, they look like they would snap with too much pressure or one good wreck. But I would throw them on my spare bike I use to walk my dog for a little pimpness. Good looking pedals. I'm thinking the green ones are going to be sent to my house

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Don't knock the Sars pedals until you've tried 'em. They can easily take aggressive XC riding with no problems.

I haven't checked, but I believe that the Sars pedals are built using bearings (says so on the packaging) as opposed to the inferior DU bushings found in the Wellgo WR-1 pedals - which might also be a contributing factor towards the weight difference of the two pedals other than the shape of the platform surface.

I originally chose the Sars pedals over the Wellgo pedals simply because of the humourous, tongue-in-cheek usage of the acronym Sars (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) as a brand name. That, and because they were lightweight, and of a similar footprint to the original Time ATAC Carbons that I had been used to.

unrooted
    They are 3.66 inches across. I hope they work, I just bought some for my wife's bike. I wish she would stick to clipless though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Decent light pedals

I have definitely slammed them into rocks, drops, small jumps, and they have came up fine. Love them. Also used them for AM rides.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    sometimes my foot slides forward when i shift gears or on a power stroke.

Ill be getting something wider for my size 11 feet.

hopefully 130 grams each will be the max