viva la v-brakes!

Salsa Shaft Seatpost cross section?

So I just broke a carbon seatpost right at the seat clamp. I don't blame the seatpost so much as the frame. The inner diameter of the seat tube is slightly wider then it should be for a 27.2 post, so you really have to crank on the seat clamp to secure a seatpost. I think this crimped the post and killed it.

Anyway, I want something a little tougher, and it needs to be pretty long (I have 28 cm of seatpost exposed). The two that seem like they might work are Thomson and Salsa Shaft. I know that, in cross section the Thomson has a thick front and back that would take this clamping force well, but it costs twice as much as the Shaft. I don't know what the Shaft looks like in cross section. Is the inner diameter the same all the way around or is it ovalized like the Thomson or otherwise reinforced?

My other option is the Ritchey WCS post that came with the bike, but I have to raise it up about 15mm higher than the minimum insert line for the saddle to be high enough for me. I'm not sure how strict these minimum insert lines are.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.

Birdman aka JMJ

google and 15 seconds later...

http://harriscyclery.net/product/sal...black-2535.htm

Says here the central bore is oval.

JMJ