Ride Everything

Salsa Shaft 'post -- ya or nay?

The reviews seem to be split about 50/50, so any comments are appreciated.

The Shaft looks good because I'm want a post with and offset micro-adjusting clamp (no serrations), and ideally, independent fore/aft and tilt adjustments.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighMark
    The reviews seem to be split about 50/50, so any comments are appreciated.

The Shaft looks good because I'm want a post with and offset micro-adjusting clamp (no serrations), and ideally, independent fore/aft and tilt adjustments.
    I got rid of mine because it was really prone to creaking when dust would sneak into all of the metal interfaces. Drove me nuts.

mtbr member

I have 3 of them...

and have yet to experience any problems. I am much bigger (6ft 2in, 250 lbs w/o gear) than the average mtbker so the shaft's strength is top notch . the only downside is that the finish is not as durable as say, a thomson. It dosnt cost as much either though.
    EAST COAST
    CLYDESDALE
    DREADLOCKED
    STEEL RIDER

mtbr member
    240lb without gear. Creaking/clicking drove me nuts. Paid $65.00 and gave away for free. No problem with strength, just noise.Thomson was the quite answer. Hope that helps!

mtbr member

Buy it

I got one and its sweet. 400mm works great on a 16" frame. Precision adjustment, no creaks. AEbike.com had the best price.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I don't have many miles on mine yet since it is on my Pugsley and we haven't had much for snow in MN yet. The one knock on mine is that the angle adjustment goes from nose pointed straight up to barely flat. I am more of a nose slightly down guy and didn't have the range to do this.

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by tedsti
    I don't have many miles on mine yet since it is on my Pugsley and we haven't had much for snow in MN yet. The one knock on mine is that the angle adjustment goes from nose pointed straight up to barely flat. I am more of a nose slightly down guy and didn't have the range to do this.
    I was wondering about this. I've read that it can be an issue on frames with slack seat tube angles.