mtbr member
    May 2007

Saddle movement on KS LEV dropper

Hey all,

Not sure where else to post this, but I've got the LEV dropper post. Its awesome, except for one thing and that is that I can not eliminate the play in the saddle no matter how much I tighten the two bolts that tighten the brace (not sure the technical name) onto the saddle rails.

Any help? The nose of the saddle can probably move about 2mm in any direction. The movement seems to come from where the brace attaches to the post, if that makes any sense...

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I think a little bit of play is normal. My LEV has play in it. It bothered me a little bit at first, but I don't even notice it when riding so its not an issue.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks for the response. Yeah, it isn't too bothersome, I just wanted to know if I could correct it.

www.derbyrims.com
    If you are talking about the post's seat rail clamps. They should not become loose at all.

Mine LEV rail clamps loosens up a little about every 50 to 100 miles, enough to creak, and I feel it move when sitting still and pulling or pressing on the nose of the seat.

The design of the clamp's for adjusting the seat angle needs better engineering. Others have posted this problem, some have the seat become very loose in one ride after tightening (happened to mine once too).

I haven't cured the problem, but plan to try this first:
    Finish-Line Fiber-grip for clamping parts together without excessive tightening, recommended for clamping to carbon seat posts and handlebars, but may also work well for this metal to metal clamp movement problem.

Finish Line - Bicycle Lubricants and Care Products

mtbr member

Its normal

Quote Originally Posted by zeppman View Post
    Hey all,

Not sure where else to post this, but I've got the LEV dropper post. Its awesome, except for one thing and that is that I can not eliminate the play in the saddle no matter how much I tighten the two bolts that tighten the brace (not sure the technical name) onto the saddle rails.

Any help? The nose of the saddle can probably move about 2mm in any direction. The movement seems to come from where the brace attaches to the post, if that makes any sense...

Thanks!
    I have a 2 month old KS Lev 2013 dropper, and the 2mm play you mentioned was there from new. It seems that is a standard amount of accptable play for a new unit. It has not got any worse, and I cannot tell there is any movement at the saddle when riding. All in all it has been superb so far without any issues.