mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Rockshox Revelation 409

Hi, I'm looking at buying a bike which has 130mm Rockshox Revelation 409's I've read the review of this fork on here and it doesn't seem to fare too well at all. There are only about 5 reviews on there and most people complain that the fork leaks oil or air and that the U-Turn is breaks easily. I can't find any other reviews or comments for this particular fork and I'm not sure if this is enough to worry about. The bike is really good value for money and I'm still tempted despite this concern. Does anyone have any experiences with this fork and/or rockshox warranty procedures? I assume that if the fork breaks Rockshox will repair or replace the fork with another one or a more reliable version? I assume if there are design faults with the fork, rockshox will have a fix for the fork and would have issued a recall?

Any Ideas?

(http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...goryId_165499#)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    What year?
    Things break and nothing is perfect, but the Revelation in general do get good reviews, you just hear about the bad ones.
    I have the 426 and it's on par with my Float, if not better.
    One thing to note is that the 409 does not have external floodgate control. You have to pop off the floodgate cover and insert an allen wrench to adjust.

I pretty sure the warranty only applies to the original owner. Some one else can chime in on that.