Ride'n Dirty

Rock Shox Monarch 3.1 maintainence

Ok, so last year I bought my first FS Bike that came standard with a Rock Shox Monarch 3.1 shock. Havent rode all winter but now that warmer weather is near I have some questions

1. I pumped up my shock to 165psi last night cause I want to recalibrate the shock and set the sag correctly, how often should I have to pump up the shock? I didnt pump it at all last year, didnt know you had to. Is this a weekly thing as suggested by a tech at the LBS?

2. Should I be concerned about servicing the shock, should I bring it to the LBS being that the shock is a year old to have them replace the seals & internal components of the shock. When do you know when its time for service on them?

As for my front shock I have a Rock Shox Domain 318 Coil shock. Same thing, it is a year old, should I be concerned about having it serviced now?

Thanks for your input on this.
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD.

Warrior's Society
    Check the pressure in the shock once a month.....it really should not be losing air.

If it is not leaking oil or air, you should be ok. Servicing the shock is pretty straight forward if you are mechanically inclined. I did mine late last year, and had only ever rebuilt one RP23 before that.

Forks seem to need shock oil replaced more often that rear shocks.

You can always check the SRAM website or your manual to see what the service intervals are that they recomend.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.