jeb
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Rock Roll exstreme VS Chain-L chain lube

Hello

I ride in denmark, (just beside sweeden), we see most conditions, muddy, rain, a bit snow, but nothing really exstreme, -otherwise i stay home !
    I have been testing, the wax-basede lube "Squirt", it seem to last for like 50 km, but the real downside is rain and colder temp, has turned my chain totally rust-red.....
    I also used some german chain oil "dynamic" very good, smooth, but chain would need
    degreasing every 8 ride.

So i am looking for a oil:

Smooth
    Long-lasting
    One that does not go totally black, and need chain degreaser
    Making drivetrain last
    And i dont mind lubing after every ride and wipe down
    Not noisy
    Better a bit messy, than thin and not lasting

I read some reviews about theese two , please let me know!

re member
    Chain-L is heavy duty and long lasting. It does tend to attract a little dirt, but it lubes very well and really stays put. I love it for wet conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

mtbr member
    I have ever used Rock n Roll lube. I have however used Chain-L this whole year with great results. It has been raining a ton this year in East Tennessee. We have over a foot of surplus rain this year. I was looking at the local tally for this year and the longest span between rains have been 9 days! That sucks for my mountain bike mojo. I have been riding rain or shine using Chain-L. It has done a great job of keeping my chain quiet and shifting great. Absoultly no chain suck or missed shifts. Its not the cleanest lube in the world, but it does what its suppose to do. When its time to apply more lube, the chain will let you know. It does it in a gradual way also, not just all of a sudden its dry and sounding like a tank rolling down the road. Once applied the correct way (chain off the bike and degreased) it last suprisingly long time.

Stay thirsty my friends
    Best wet weather lube on the planet, won't wash off...silicone based and thin like water so its works exceptionally well in cold conditions. I've tried them all, petroleum based lubricants do not compare.

You won't find it at your local bike shop.
    "Say good night to the bad guy."
    Tony Montana
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x_TE...eature=related