mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Riser bar positioning?

Is there a right way or is it just what's comfortable?
    mine are set like this. Its comfy. Am I losing rise of the bars while its like this?

There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    Is there a right way or is it just what's comfortable?
    mine are set like this. Its comfy. Am I losing rise of the bars while its like this?

I run my bars in a position that just *feels* right. I can feel a change in the way the bike steers especially if rotated too far forward. The bikes geometry coupled w/ the bar stem combo all adds to the *feel*.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    It's a new, much wider, bar that I just installed with a new brakeset. Been tinkering with positioning. Riding it more like that I feel like its a touch too forward. Feels awkward and bends my wrists. Gonna reposition after a few beers!
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    to me it looks like the bars should be rotated back towards you to have the rise upwards instead of going forwards. However, if it is comfortable to you, I see no reason to change.