'11 Opus Strat

Revenge is so sweet!

Well, 3 weeks ago my buddies Norco was swiped from besides my house. We had been inside for no longer then 20mins to eat our KFC and head back out for another ride.. Came back out.. His bike was gone! We know someone had to of been watching the place, just considering how quick it happened and where. We had some leads on who took it ( small town ) but they were some unsavoury..eh hem.. "amphetamine heads".. And the police couldn't do much besides "make a presence". As of today, one of the guys that we suspected of taking the bike posted a photo on his facebook ( tip from a friend ). He had stripped the Norco of nearly all parts and put them on this horridly painted old rocky mountain frame. Soon as I seen it I was able to name off every part WE put on his bike.. Forks, Stem, Handle bars, Grips ( even the end caps because the screw in type wouldn't fit. ) Blackburn Mudguard painted green, that I actually got for a gift but gave to my buddy because I had broken the strap on it and to picky to zip tie it on ( Lol ). I messaged him, called him out, and he STILL won't man up. I call the police again and they are going to confront him about it, showed the officer a picture of it and printed him off a screen shot of this guys facebook page with bike. See what happens!

Photos:

Black bike is the "thief's bike" with buddies parts

Yellow bike is buddies bike day before it was taken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Revenge is so sweet!-36556_10152208670505122_1429187906_n.jpg  

Revenge is so sweet!-376532_10152173412425122_1824913066_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Jerks! Good luck, hopefully you and your buddy get everything back.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Arseholes.

But you should have told the police and not said a word to him. He'll be busy either getting rid of the parts or else he'll be cooking up his alibi/back story to generate a your word vs his scenario, which might leave the police with their hands tied unless you can show some proof of purchases.

Much better to just hand your evidence to the police and let them drop in on him unannounced.

'11 Opus Strat
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    Arseholes.

But you should have told the police and not said a word to him. He'll be busy either getting rid of the parts or else he'll be cooking up his alibi/back story to generate a your word vs his scenario, which might leave the police with their hands tied unless you can show some proof of purchases.

Much better to just hand your evidence to the police and let them drop in on him unannounced.
    Very true!, It never really crossed my mind in all the madness and frustration. But it is a small town, and only one local bike shop that sells the components that he had bought to put on his bike ( my buddy ). Either way, the word is out and they will be watched closely by the police and I guarantee that they will be thiefing again soon!

AZ
    banned
    Hard to do thievery with broken hands and fingers, just throwin that out there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    yes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Hard to do thievery with broken hands and fingers, just throwin that out there.
    Indeed, but it's harder to ride your bike from a state penitentiary.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnt2012 View Post
    Well, 3 weeks ago my buddies Norco was swiped from besides my house. We had been inside for no longer then 20mins to eat our KFC and head back out for another ride.. Came back out.. His bike was gone! We know someone had to of been watching the place, just considering how quick it happened and where. We had some leads on who took it ( small town ) but they were some unsavoury..eh hem.. "amphetamine heads".. And the police couldn't do much besides "make a presence". As of today, one of the guys that we suspected of taking the bike posted a photo on his facebook ( tip from a friend ). He had stripped the Norco of nearly all parts and put them on this horridly painted old rocky mountain frame. Soon as I seen it I was able to name off every part WE put on his bike.. Forks, Stem, Handle bars, Grips ( even the end caps because the screw in type wouldn't fit. ) Blackburn Mudguard painted green, that I actually got for a gift but gave to my buddy because I had broken the strap on it and to picky to zip tie it on ( Lol ). I messaged him, called him out, and he STILL won't man up. I call the police again and they are going to confront him about it, showed the officer a picture of it and printed him off a screen shot of this guys facebook page with bike. See what happens!

Photos:

Black bike is the "thief's bike" with buddies parts

Yellow bike is buddies bike day before it was taken
    hard to Imagine to many people with the same Color Taste

'11 Opus Strat
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurr View Post
    hard to Imagine to many people with the same Color Taste
    I said the same thing! lol. First my buddy HAD to go green on his bike ( mine is all green ), then the 'thief' goes green as well..