mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Replace Moxey Elastomer

Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement elastomer (red) for my moxey parallelogram seat post?

I understand that Moxey is now out of business.

Thanks for your help.

mtbr member
    The elastomers are getting harder to find, my suggestion is to watch ebay. That will be your best shot or if your town has a bike swap like Phoenix and Tucson do, thats how I got my moxey. Hopefully someone on here might have one to donate (I may have a blue one lying around, if I can find it you can have it). Good luck.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by quasimoto73
    The elastomers are getting harder to find, my suggestion is to watch ebay. That will be your best shot or if your town has a bike swap like Phoenix and Tucson do, thats how I got my moxey. Hopefully someone on here might have one to donate (I may have a blue one lying around, if I can find it you can have it). Good luck.
    Quasi - thanks for your input. I've checked Ebay and my bike store but to no avail. If you've got a blue, something is better than nothing. Out of curiosity, what weight rating is the blue?
    Lake

mtbr member
    I honestly dont remember, the frame with my moxey has been stripped for some time and is waiting for a rebuild. I will have to dig through a few boxes and make sure that it is still good. Either way I will post tomorrow night and let you know one way or the other.

mtbr member
    Alright Lakeintn here's what I've found, I found my one spare moxey but I cant find the extra elastomers. I'm sorry for getting any hopes up but right now its a no go. If something does come up or I am able to come across one I will let you know. Good luck with your search.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quasi, Thanks for the effort. I realize that you have other things to do than chase a part for me so I really appreciate you taking the time. If you're able to locate your elastomer and remain interested in giving it up, that would be great. Lake

mtbr member
    Stumbled across a moxey on the classified section of mtbr. add #98792. I thought I would forward this to you in case you havent already seen it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Thanks. I'll run it down. I wasn't aware of classified ads on MTB.

You've been very helpful. I truly appreciate it.