rack admirer

Removing Paint Splatter on Car

Sorry about the OT but this project will deprive me of valuable riding time. In a parking garage, my daughter drove through a puddle of concrete paint or concrete sealer, or slurry texture material. The aluminum wheels, fenderwells, rocker panels and lower doors are doused in this stuff. I have tried wd-40, goof-off, car polish/cleaner to no avail. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.
    Parents of sweet little cherubs beware: the teenage manace is looming.
    Thanks a million
    MCM # 57

tlg
    (enter witty phrase here)

mtbr member
    ^Like tlg said, the claybar will prob. work. You can also try Goo-Gone, this stuff has always worked for me to get gunk off my vehicles paint.
    Remember, "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time".-D.Ritchie

mtbr member
    May 2006
    If you can not remove the splatter using the claybar. I would say to wet sand it using 2000-2500 grit. After that run a three stage wax with a buffing wheel. This may seem a bit intimidating at first but remember the splatter is not on your paint its on your clear coat.

Heres a link that will answer more questions. At anytime if you are not confident in doing this, take it to a detailer and pay the $150
    http://www.mobileworks.com/auto_paint_wet_sanding.html
    Last edited by SWI99; 06-14-2006 at 01:05 PM.

umm...yea
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SWI99
    If you can not remove the splatter using the claybar. I would say to wet sand it using 2000-2500 grit. After that run a three stage wax with a buffing wheel. This may seem a bit intimidating at first but remember the splatter is not on your paint its on your clear coat.

Heres a link that will answer more questions at anytime if you are unconfident in doing this take it to a detailer and pay the $150
    http://www.mobileworks.com/auto_paint_wet_sanding.html
    This sounds like the best approach for best results.

Scottoiler Chain Lubrication Systems
    http://scottoilerusa.com

rack admirer

Thanks for all of your input

Goo gone and clay did not work, but someone on the Sweedspeed forum suggested gasoline. Bingo. Stinky, but it works.
    MCM # 57

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo
    Goo gone and clay did not work, but someone on the Sweedspeed forum suggested gasoline. Bingo. Stinky, but it works.
    Cool, glad it worked. Hmmmm, sonething to keep in the back of my mind (or somewhere near the back of my mind...)