Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Remote Lockout Fox RL

188K views 330 replies 85 participants last post by  black_taco 
#1 · (Edited)
#8 ·
Make one for Talas and RP23 and I'll absolutely buy.

krolik said:
I'm your customer if you figure out the remote for the talas II lever
Me too. If you figure out one for the Talas RLC I'll definetly by one.
I used the remote poploc all the time on my reba. I needed a longer travel 3 stage fork that did not take forever to change stages via u-turn technology so I went with the Fox Talas RLC.
I use the rlc in 3 ways. You can turn the lock supposedly just (on/off) about 3 millimeters from the locked position and it goes from fully locked to partial dampening. Then, of course further clockwise turn completely unlocks it.
So, I need a lockout lever that is similar to the old friction shift levers so I can get that level of 3 settings control.
Another remote lever I need is for the rp23.
The other nice thing about using these shocks is the are the most tunable I have found by sending them for re-valving at push industries.
:thumbsup:

#9 ·
Hey Deef,
Again, let us know if you ever figure out the RLC I could sure use a remote lockout. As a 3 stage 100/120/140 It is a great fork for a remote cause super finicky people like it. I use at least 100 and 140 all the time and really could use a remote. I have a bike coming that has a remote for the back shock (DT Swiss XR). But, it really doesn't matter much if I have to reach down anyway for the Talas.
Would it be possible to remove the compression adjuster ring to do the mod ?
Thanks

#11 · (Edited)
krolik said:
Hmm....
correct me if I'm wrong but compression/lockout/rebound is on top of the right leg, whereas talasII lever is on top of the left....
What one has to do with the other?
I thought the problem was that the extra low-speed compression bezel on top of the right leg did not allow him to engineer the lockout lever. I guess I'm not really understanding what the problem is.
(Of course that is a blue ring not a red one.)
I could not really find a red ring.
http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/Content/Service/Forks/TALAS/TALAS_RLC.htm
I wonder if he would just sell kit for the rlt and I have a guy in the states that might be able to adapt it. I sent a couple of emails to address above to no avail.
Sure is a cool product !
Edit more info. Seems I could be right, it is the compression knob that is the issue. Here is another thread with someone else doing the same thing only in carbon.
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=383471
I sure hope one of these really gets off the ground. I've tried to get Fox to step up before but it is such a small market compared to r&d and manufacturing cost of it they really don't seem to give a %^^&* about the extra finicky riders that look for absolute control and performance. Remember the old remote fox made for the rl ? There are some still around. Also, Jagwire made a remote for some rock shoxs and rear floats for awhile in 2005 but required allot of retro hacking to get to work and was d/ced.

#17 ·
Supposedly it is backwardly compatible with other 32 mm platforms (Hopefully the Talas. I'm getting tired of waiting and may rent some shop time to do it myself.)
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php...shox09/Fox_Racing_Shox_2009_RL_Remote_top_cap
Probably the slickest solution for non-talas users would buy Deets remote system and use a poploc.
(Deef's non-talas version sure is alot cleaner looking. )
Who cares if the warranty is voided sending it for push valving does that anyway.

#25 ·
So nothin for the RLC huh- Got a F100 and thats the only thing that sucks- reachin down to open that thing back up- If theres anything you come up with to get around the compression knob Ill pick one of those up in a heartbeat- Gotta say too your setup looks really sweet- I know 3 or 4 other guys who have the same complaint on the same fork...I know theyd sink your praises also- Im patient
Appreciated-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.