Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Really, really, really cool. Looking forward to getting the kit on my bike. Great work.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Just replying to let you know that there is more interest in your product. Looking good!

mtbr member
    Bump: Float 80RL

mtbr member

Latest on the lockout...

Hey folks- just wanted to keep you posted again. Here is a video of the latest rendition. It's working and fully functional, but we are not satisfied with how reliable it will be over time (this has been a few rides with no issues). We still feel like a compression spring system would work better, and are reversing the design a bit and designing a better cable clamp system that can withstand the forces of a stronger spring (the current version strips if not careful). Again, we want to make something that will be bomber and last... Mostly just posting this to keep folks interested and invite more feedback. This is running with a Rock Shox Pushloc remote.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Incredible progress! Can't wait for the black version. Congratulations

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    They can make a white version and we can make them any color we want.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I'd be interested in one for my camber, it has a rl 29 on it....

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'd buy a few for some of my bikes. Let me know how to purchase. Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Got an eta and price on these? I'm keen

mtbr member
    ETA is realistically April or May. We're moving a little more slowly now than we were a month or so ago- just life getting in the way... Price is going to be somewhere around $30-35.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    What is going to be included? I am assuming I have to supply my own remote and cable.

mtbr member
    Yes- it will be the base cap, top cap, spring and cable-securing screws. We've not been able to find any great deals on remotes and I don't have the money to stock up on a bunch of them at retail costs, so cable and remote lever will need to be supplied by the user. I'll send some links of some relatively cheap RS PushLoc levers I've found (@ $30).

mtbr member

Love it. I'll buy one. Good job.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'll take 6 kits. Do you take paypal?

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Can I pay now to be first on line???

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yourdaguy
    Can I pay now to be first on line???
    Looks like your #3, cause there is one person before me.

mtbr member
    Thanks, Gents, but no pre-orders . We are super psyched about the positive responses, which is all the more reason we want this thing to actually work well before sending it out/ around. I busted one on the trail the other day and that sent us back to more design. It'll come, and I'll let y'all know when they're ready

Out to the garage to work on it now...

mtbr member
    Another interested party

OCD
    And another. Got my eyes on this thread...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hello Bikers,
    After 2 years bussey building a home etc, I`m at this moment working at a small series Deef Fox Remote Lockouts.
    They are improved, lighter, better and when you want something special:
    I`ve made also a new and light left knob for the fox fork.
    Normally this knob from fox is bleu. But when you don`t have bleu color on your bike, red, black or dark gray is much better!!
    It`s also a little bit lighter.
    When the kits are ready I will post it here. Before everything is ready, I’ll post some photo’s.

The color for the lock knob you can choose, Fox bleu, Black, Dark Grey.
    The total Deef kit is lighter than the original Fox lockout!

(you don`t have to drill holes for my lockout, and therefore it`s not a problem for warranty)
    (The spring is in the inside, so it`s more hufter proof and easier too clean)

I`ve also made some other Deef products, light topcaps, 2end bottle holder for an Scott Spark etc.(I`ll post some pics soon.)

mtbr member
    @Deef:

That is great news! As you can see, I've been trying to pick up the slack while you were busy elsewhere, but if you have a product that's good to go and offers a durable solution at a reasonable price, then I'm all for it. I mostly just wanted a solution to be available (and not one that was going to cost as much as Fox's aftermarket solution).

We'd all love to see pics asap and let us know more about when they're available, etc. You can see that this forum has been pretty lively, but I've also posted a few other places and there are lots of responses there also, and I have had quite a few PM's from folks as well. There's definitely a market!

Looking forward to seeing what you've put together. As much as I'd like to be your competition, I'd rather be out riding, spending time with the family, and, um, riding some more .

mtbr member
    alshead, i am in there like swimwear when you make the leap from concept to production. i'll keep checking back to see where you are with the development. two snaps up in a z formation for you!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hi new to this site and stumbled across this thread , i made a remote lockout for my RL fox forks and thought i would share it with you this has been on my Anthem for around 3 months and works like a dream.........using the rockshox lockout idea and a poploc i converted the fox lever by removing the lug and machining a aluminium ring to press fit around it ,then added a cable guide piece.......it returns via a torsion spring situated under the lockout ....(you dont want exposed springs which can get caught or full of dirt!) i have added a couple of pics and will add a video of the lockout working when i can.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Remote Lockout Fox RL-2011_0324anthem0001.jpg  

Remote Lockout Fox RL-2011_0324anthem0002.jpg  

Remote Lockout Fox RL-2011_0324anthem0003.jpg  

Remote Lockout Fox RL-2011_0324anthem0004.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Link to video as promised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKqGX83SLD4

mtbr member

Sahweet!

Quote Originally Posted by etch
    Etch- that thing looks awesome. How did you run the internal spring? I'd love to see the system- it looks like there could be some warranty issues, but still, sweet design and I'm sure people would be willing to overlook the possible warranty issues to have a solid solution.

Is this something you can produce a kit for and sell it? Obviously, there's a lot of interest. Looks like your setup could also maybe work with an RLC, but I'd have to see more of what's going on under the cap. I have three poploc remotes to sell if you want to try producing a few for folks.

I honestly think that what you have there is a much more solid solution than what we were working on. I'm also still very curious to see what Deef put together. Let's get one of these things out to the market and help make people happy!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast