Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Interesting mod, seems like it would be very useful not having to take a hand of a grip. How much is it?

mtbr member
    What does the actuation lever look like ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Did you look at his site that he posted in the first thread? http://lockoutdeef.googlepages.com/Default.htm

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    So nothin for the RLC huh- Got a F100 and thats the only thing that sucks- reachin down to open that thing back up- If theres anything you come up with to get around the compression knob Ill pick one of those up in a heartbeat- Gotta say too your setup looks really sweet- I know 3 or 4 other guys who have the same complaint on the same fork...I know theyd sink your praises also- Im patient
    Appreciated-
    Me too. Another vote for Talas. It is a pain in a fast siduation to have to reach down. But, I am reaching down on the left to set travel back to 140mm and to right to unlock. Then under to unlock rear. Whew, fine for rides but not for racing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hey guys!

I'm gonna try to modify my Vanilla RLC for remote lockout.OFC I wont be able to utilize the hex nut (because of compression adjustment ring), so the cable stop will be fixed to the crown, I guess.

I dunno if that will be a removable or premanent attachment, we'll see how it goes. Also, I'd try to make an electrical actuator, kinda like the on Lefty fork is using, but with external motor and battery.

Will get back to you with pictures, when thats done.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Saietor
    Hey guys!

I'm gonna try to modify my Vanilla RLC for remote lockout.OFC I wont be able to utilize the hex nut (because of compression adjustment ring), so the cable stop will be fixed to the crown, I guess.

I dunno if that will be a removable or premanent attachment, we'll see how it goes. Also, I'd try to make an electrical actuator, kinda like the on Lefty fork is using, but with external motor and battery.

Will get back to you with pictures, when thats done.
    Forget the electric, it is a waste of time, you have to do the spring load anyway. Just get the top cap done and I will buy it if it works with the Talas.
    Last edited by ghawk; 10-02-2008 at 05:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deef
    Noticed the beads you have...aren't those around $80 retail or so? You seem to be someone who doesn't sacrifice on looks or performance.
    MTOBikes.com

Keep the rubber side down!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deef
    Hello,
    I`ve made a remote lockout kit for Fox forks, type RL.

http://lockoutdeef.googlepages.com/Default.htm

There are 5 lockouts made for some people,
    in 1 or 2 months I`ve another 30.

Deef (Holland)

If you can provide me with a write-up about your product I'd be happy to publish it on our site to try to get you some added exposure. Contact me through our site, www.mtobikes.com
    MTOBikes.com

Keep the rubber side down!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I like nice parts!!

Heathen
    Pulled this from his website. Very expensive for a lockout.

--> Price: 150,- Euro (shipping excluded).
    http://lockoutdeef.googlepages.com/Default_en.htm

mtbr member
    I think it's a decent price actually

When you look at the cost of a Pushloc - and a new damper to use a remote lockout thats REAL expensive.

Heathen
    It's more than a third of what my fork cost. For that much, just buy a different fork. Besides, the materials cost isn't much for what he's done. Don't get me wrong though, it looks VERY well made. I've thought about doing this myself (I have the RLC) but I don't have the equipment to machine it.

mtbr member
    Deef, sounds like you have a market for RLC Forks (me included). I have some inexpensive ideas of how you could adapt your current design to work. PM me if you want to discuss.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Hi.

I just get a FOX RLC 2008 soon. So there is another one in the RLC Interest Pool :-)

greetings

mtbr member
    a while ago a friend and i started to make our own lockout for fox forks. he made the cable stop from carbon, it just slides onto the hex shape top cap. its very secure, no need for a bolt. but then we got stuck, you need a spring in the lockout lever. how do you do that?

we have also various designs for a handlebar lever. i tried to incorporate it with the bolts on an avid juicy lever.

here is a picture of the fork part.

Giant Anthem Rider

The old SID lever is spring loaded

Quote Originally Posted by danlate
    a while ago a friend and i started to make our own lockout for fox forks. he made the cable stop from carbon, it just slides onto the hex shape top cap. its very secure, no need for a bolt. but then we got stuck, you need a spring in the lockout lever. how do you do that?

we have also various designs for a handlebar lever. i tried to incorporate it with the bolts on an avid juicy lever.

mtbr member
    I just got off the phone with Fox and they ARE selling the Remote Kit now to the tune of $150 (if it fits your fork- I have an F90 RL and it will work). If you could develop this thing a little, and sell it for cheap ($50-75?), you would make a killing. If you have any of those carbon cable-stops sitting around, I would be happy to play with it and see if we could develop a spring-load system of some sort. Let me know.

If anyone wants to contact Fox for the kit, you can call 1-800-369-7469 xt 4801.

I think $150 is too much.

OnTheTrailAgain
    Quote Originally Posted by alshead
    I just got off the phone with Fox and they ARE selling the Remote Kit now to the tune of $150 (if it fits your fork- I have an F90 RL and it will work). If you could develop this thing a little, and sell it for cheap ($50-75?), you would make a killing. If you have any of those carbon cable-stops sitting around, I would be happy to play with it and see if we could develop a spring-load system of some sort. Let me know.

If anyone wants to contact Fox for the kit, you can call 1-800-369-7469 xt 4801.

mtbr member

I was told you have to change the dampener cartridge also?

mtbr member
    The guy at Fox told me the "kit" consisted of a new cap, the cable and the handlebar lever. I think changing the cartridge might depend on the fork, but he said that's all I would need (basically just replaces the blue knob/ dial/ switch on the top of the fork for lockout, so I'm not sure why you'd need to replace the cartridge). Again, I have the F90 RL, so this might be different for other forks. And I still think it's too much- as someone else said, that's a third of the price of the whole fork (of course the new fork with lockout is like $750).

junea memba!
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by danlate

I would like to see someone pursue this...all you need is to secure the cable on both sides of the tab on the blue ring. The cable can push as well as pull. (depending on the cable deployment, the cable may also need to be secured in a groove around the blue ring.)

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Oh really, this is awesome news for me and I very excited to know about this remote kit. Thanks for sharing this great information as well as picks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Fox Float RP2 remote kit

Hi all,

I have a remote kit available for the Fox Float RP2 rear shock. See the link below for more info:

http://www.precisionkinetic.com/imag...hockremote.jpg

Cheers,
    Dave

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Need Remote Lockout Kit for 09 Talas RL

Deef, are you still creating the remote lockout kit for Talas RL (2009). Interested in buying a kit. Henry

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    The guy at Fox told me the "kit" consisted of a new cap, the cable and the handlebar lever. I think changing the cartridge might depend on the fork, but he said that's all I would need (basically just replaces the blue knob/ dial/ switch on the top of the fork for lockout, so I'm not sure why you'd need to replace the cartridge). Again, I have the F90 RL, so this might be different for other forks. And I still think it's too much- as someone else said, that's a third of the price of the whole fork (of course the new fork with lockout is like $750).
    I and my local LBS have been back and forth with FOX for several months. NO remote lockout kit available for Talas. Fox believes that only XC riders will want to dial in their ride via handle bars. They believe that Trail, Freeride, and All Mountain riders don't care. Fox yearly manufacture a short run of Talas shocks for Scott Genius bikes with remote lockout but don't carry spares. Great shock but lousy customer support.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast