mtbr member

Recommendation for a good mini-pump for Camelback?

I did a bunch of searching but haven't seen a good thread for recommended mini pumps. I hadn't checked my mini pump in over 5 years. When I needed it today, a mile from the car, it wouldn't work. So I'm in the market for a new one.

I'm looking for one that's not too long (the 13" Topeak Mountain Morph is just too long for my taste). Being able to use CO2s in addition to manual pumping is a plus but not mandatory.

I'm looking at the Crank Bros. Power Pump, the Blackburn Mammoth, and the Park Half-Pint.

Suggestions?
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

T.W.O.
    Stick with Mountain morph or road morph, or pricy co2. Many mini pumps are useless. The Morph series are the next best thing to floor pumps. Mini-pumps may provide you some comfort of having a back up plan until you have to use it. Do yourself a favor, get the pump that would get you back on your bike without breaking sweats or giving you arm pump.

I also heard many good things about Lezyne.

powered by peanut butter.
    I love my Blackburn Mammoth. I think it's a lot better than the Crank Bros pump.
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

mtbr member
    I have the Topeak RaceRocket MT (their MTB specific one). I used it for the first time in a race yesterday and was impressed at how quickly it pumped up my tire (29er). This is the only mini-pump I've used, but I would definitely recommend it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by heartland View Post
    I love my Blackburn Mammoth. I think it's a lot better than the Crank Bros pump.
    I use a Mammoth Stage 2. Has two settings, low/high pressure. About 50/30 pumps of each is enough to get a 26x2.0 to about 40 PSI.

You're gonna get arm burn....unless you are carrying a frame pump. Not really practical on a mountain bike.

Cow Clicker
    Stans + Air Chuck Elite + a tube - just in case.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    lezyne

mtbr member
    Topeak Mountain Morph - it has a fold-out foot peg that allows you to use it like a mini-floor pump plus a built in gauge. Also has a short hose so you're not always about to bust off your valve stem. Strongly recommend this pump.
    Check out my You Tube Channel

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

RE: Recommendation for a good mini-pump for Camelback?

Blackburn evo. You can even use it as a small foot pump.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Another vote for lezyne. Doesn't really get any easier then the lezyne. It's extremely small and lightweight. Very easy to use

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    This is the one I use. Mountain Pipe

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Lezyne is also higher quality than topeak.

mtbr member
    I had bought a few of the usual pumps, topeak, BlackBurn. Every once in a while they did work well but usually they worked poorly.
    I ponied up the $45 for the lezyne. This thing makes large volume tires its prison *****.

Just make sure to buy the high volume(HV) version for the best results.

Lezyne High Volume Bicycle Hand Pumps

turtles make me hot
    Topeak Mountain Morph here.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I carry a topeak pocket rocket and it has served me well for years.
    My next pump will be a lezyne though, they get nothing but great reviews and the idea of having a hose to connect to the valve just seems smart.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bykerider View Post
    I had bought a few of the usual pumps, topeak, BlackBurn. Every once in a while they did work well but usually they worked poorly.
    I ponied up the $45 for the lezyne. This thing makes large volume tires its prison *****.

+1...Best $ can buy.
    12' Sir9 Rigid
    11' Jabber Rigid
    10 SJ SS rigid
    10' Swork SS 29er
    10' Tallboy
    08' RM Vertex SS

mtbr member

Re: Recommendation for a good mini-pump for Camelback?

Quote Originally Posted by bykerider View Post

Agreed also, I have the the mini 'floor' pump, solid fast pumping, bulletproof, the long hose is perfect. after 3 or more of the cheapies you learn to just bite the bullet

mtbr member
    Airstik Sl by blackburn... tiny but can inflat a 29er tire in no time. highly recommend it

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by heartland View Post
    A desiccated chimpanzee foreskin is better than a Crank Bros. pump.

Sweat is just fat crying.
    I have two older Mammoths that have to be at least 15 years old, can that be right? Haven't had to do a thing to either, they just keep on keepin' on.

Don't forget to wrap duct tape around the shaft, it's great to have in an emergency.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtbr member
    I have crank brothers 2 stage pump(high volume/ and high pressure) from about 2003. I used it this past weekend and it worked fine. I have no idea if this model is still available.

Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    i use axiom air enforce. its about 13" long but its really easy to use and pumps up tires quick.