Five is right out
    Sep 2006

Raceface/Roach FR Rally Elbow/Arm pads - what size?

I'm going to buy the Raceface/Roach FR Rally Elbow/Arm pads. I have to mail order internationally as they are not available here, so I'm hoping for some advice on sizing.

I'm 5'10" and 140lbs, but with fairly muscular arms for my build (I'm a rockclimber). I wear the Knee/Shin pads in a Large and they fit well. It seems that the Knee/Shin pads are sized just for length but are otherwise quite tight when it comes to circumference.

Does anyone of a similar size use the Elbow/Arm pads, and if so do you use the Medium or Large ones? I've tried the Fox Launch pads, and the S/M fit whereas the L/XL were too big.

Thanks.

3 "fiddy" for short
    I have the Roach pads and have XLs for both the knee and elbow. I could have gone to the Large for the elbow guards since they do tend to slip around a little. So, IMO, the arm guards run a little bigger in sizing than do the knee guards.

mtbr member
    you might want to go with the XL's, i'm your height and i have the arms of a pre-pubescent 12 year old girl and with the large arm pads, the straps are a little short.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Any comments on how the pads cup your arms, and how the 'sock' fits around the bicep?

I can get the straps resewn without too much trouble, and expect they'd stretch out a bit anyway.

Thanks.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    I called up Raceface and one of the online stores. Both of them recommended the Mediums so I ordered them.

I just received the shipment, and they fit well. Maybe the straps were lengthened for this year. The length seems about right (they could be an inch longer, but I don't want them resting against my hands).