mtbr member
    Apr 2011

R.I.P. Oscar a.k.a. "Piggy" The Pug

I know this probably doesn't need it's own thread, but I think he deserves it.

Our Pug Oscar 10/3/2010-10/8/2012, aptly knicknamed "Piggy", a modern day dog lawn vacuum, snorting like a pig, and eating everything in site, was put to rest today.

Unfortunately, his bad habits got the best of him, and the 12" hair tie he managed to eat 1-1/2 years ago finally tried to work its' way through his system. He lost the battle, but is no longer suffering. You were a good dog.

R.I.P. little buddy.....I didn't think I would miss you this much.

IMG_1674 by jonshonda187, on Flickr

IMG_1705 by jonshonda187, on Flickr

IMG_0523 by jonshonda187, on Flickr

IMG_0721 by jonshonda187, on Flickr
    Last edited by jonshonda; 10-08-2012 at 06:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    RIP, little buddy. He's probably snurffling around & eating an endless supply of Milk Bones in doggie heaven.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by June Bug View Post
    RIP, little buddy. He's probably snurffling around & eating an endless supply of Milk Bones in doggie heaven.
    He actaully preferred mushrooms, rocks, and grubs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Well, I think I got the snurffling around part right! Sounds like he liked to live on the edge of doggie danger. Bet his sweet doggie friend is missing him as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard to put ending their suffering above extending yours. My thoughts are with you, your family and Piggy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    This is so sad. I LOVE pugs, and Oscar looked like a champ. Sorry to hear this .

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Now our 1 year old son is off to the E.R., had a runny nose which turned into labored and crackeled breathing @ 12am. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Is not amused
    Jonshonda sorry for your loss with Oscar. I was going to post earlier then I just read about your son as well, damn, I hope your son is okay. Hope the best for you man, really do, after going through that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Sorry to hear this. I just lost my 14 yr old Bichon last week, it's so damn hard! Hope your son is OK.

Lone Wolf McQuade
    Sorry to hear about your little guy.

Matt
    I should be out riding....

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    He actaully preferred mushrooms, rocks, and grubs.
    LOL, thats a nice line there mate, i had to laugh when i read it, i love pugs they're great loving lil dogs, sorry for your loss mate n may lil Oscars spirit be roaming a loverly green field with out a care in the world, with heaps of lil pug females that are all keen for him in between him finding mushroom after mushroom, rock after rock n the juiciest lil grubs his heart could ever desire..
    Keep your chin up bro, it looks like lil Oscar had a great life, he was lucky to have you n you, him, cheers .....
    RIP LIL OSCAR........
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Beer Me!
    RIP Mr Piggy.
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Sorry to here, it's always hard to lose a dog

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a pet sucks...
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks for the kind words...our son is doing better.

Hello
    rest in peace little doggy and i hope your son is well!

sent from my rotary phone

I eat cats
    Sorry for your loss.. We just put down our girl Emma on Friday and I am still devastated. I swear I get more torn up over dogs than I do people. Must be their unconditional love and the fact that the worst they do to us is bombard us with attention (for attention). Glad your son is better too.
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    You see, I don't have a single brand name in my signature because I know most bike brands and component brands 99%.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I think the worst part of putting him down was knowing that he "could" get better. The Vet didn't really know what was wrong, and we couldn't afford to drop $2-5k on sugery that didn't promise he would live.

He did give my wife signs the day of his death though, and after he was put down we realized what they were.

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide

Hope

Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    I think the worst part of putting him down was knowing that he "could" get better. The Vet didn't really know what was wrong, and we couldn't afford to drop $2-5k on sugery that didn't promise he would live.

He did give my wife signs the day of his death though, and after he was put down we realized what they were.
    Don't beat yourself up, as what you did and when you did it was in the best interest of your dog. We had the same feelings after our dog had to be put to sleep. We humans want to hang on to things and beings and sometimes to the detriment of the loved one. Letting go is part of life as tough as that may be.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

I eat cats
    Not easy at all to go through. You did what was best. We had emergency surgery done on our other dog, Zoe, about 5 years ago and while it bought us another 2 weeks with her she wasn't herself and the $4k wasn't worth that in hindsight. Keep talking about the goods times you all had with "Piggy" and the healing gets easier and easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    You see, I don't have a single brand name in my signature because I know most bike brands and component brands 99%.

human dehumidifier
    It's easier for me to lose a person than a pet. It always breaks my heart because they don't know what's happening and you can't explain it to them.
    I may or may not be laughing at you.