I'm gonna have to kill ya

Quadzilla - Tight tights

I recently sunk 450 in winter riding gear with my Endura Event Jacket and Baabaa base layer being awesome as were my NW80 shoes and sealskinz socks.

Unfortunately the Endure stealth tights were not so good, From years of weight training and now riding single speed I have pretty big quads and calves for my size and although the tights were perfect in waist and leg length (almost a little too long in the leg) they were like a tourniquet on my legs.

As my legs warmed and pumped up they became really uncomfortable and I felt like a fat man with a gastric band. My body and mind wanted to hammer the first big hill but the compression om my leg muscles seemed to impede blood flow or something.

As soon as I whipped them off (I had padded shorts on underneath) it was light and day and I literally shot off up the hill like my normal self.

These were a medium so the large would be too long in the leg by a good measure.

So any suggestions on decent tights for the larger of legged individual? Ideally waterproof like the endura stealths? Failing that I may have to get some Endura Event over trousers but they will need something under them as if anything like my jacket they are far from windproof (not designed for that).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Oh the I must add the stealths were very warm and waterproof so thumbs up for that

mtbr member
    Too tight because it hurt, or too tight because you weren't used to that? I've heard that tighter compression clothing (not just form fitting wicking stuff) is catching on with many athletes, especially runners. Something about surface pressure increasing deep blood flow through the muscles and back into your body by diverting some away from surface blood flow. I had a shirt kinda like that for lacrosse and it certainly felt weird at first but once I got my mind off of it it worked great