mtbr member
    May 2006

pump for my mountain bike: recommendations?

Hello!

I'd like to get a frame pump that works well when needed, putting out enough pressure etc. to do the job.

Any thoughts?

What are your favorites, and what do you like about them?

thanks

Richard
    Last edited by Sir Ricardo; 04-08-2011 at 10:09 PM.

DynoDon
    I have a topeck mini master blaster, it has a mount that goes on the bottle bracket below the bottle, it pumps both presta/shrader with the easy of know the difference without changing anything yourself.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...0A4E3GJ4NG4BXM

there is also a reviews section on the MTBR site,, good luck

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/accessories/...LS_136crx.aspx

mtbr member
    I have a Zefal Air profil I purchased at wally world for I think it was 17 dollars, it is small and compact. have used it several times and it works great. The bracket that it came with was garbage and broke fairly quickly so I just keep it in my camel back.

mtbr member
    double post .

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Cool, I have a cheap blackburn one, but it's worked pretty well for the past few years.

Any of you guys ever used a c02 pump before?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I would rather not have to continually pay for for my pump especially since its really not that much work to pump by hand. Also if your C02 cartridge fails you are kinda out of luck.

Find something cheap that has good reviews, I picked up a blackburn mammoth pump for $8 a few months ago and it works great.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I bought a "Giant Control Mini 3". It's pretty light and works great. Was $20 at the LBS. I'm quite happy with it.

a blackburn will always remain in my pack. I bought an inexpensive plastic one many years ago. it failed after a couple of years, but since blackburn has a lifetime warranty, the shop replaced it. I paid a little extra to upgrade to an aluminum one and I've been using that pump ever since.

I have a cheap Wrench Force floor pump for simple garage tire inflation duties, and a portable Lowes air compressor when I need to seat tubeless tires, remove grips, etc.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I have had a Blackburn MtnAir for many years now and it works great on the mtb, will do both valve types too
    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit. Pliny the Younger (62 AD - 114 AD)

Brian

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Lezyne Alloy Drive Mini Pump

Light, compact, works well and it mounts to cage mount.