Thread: Puerto Rico..

mtbr member

Puerto Rico..

I'd post this down under the trail section, but I think i'll get more traffic here. So.. I've got the bug. I want to move away from Austin. Puerto Rico has come up. The girl has a possibility to transfer to there where she works. That just leaves me with tring to find some type of job (I do computer stuff, but really, i'd do anything, within reason, to live there). So question is.

Anyone live there/visited there recently?

How's the riding and fishing?

Anything I should know.

This wouldn't be planned till next year, and i'm looking at taking a trip there after the new year to check it all out myself (and get over my fear of flying).

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    hi,i do live in puerto rico , you should go to http://www.cmtbpr.com/ have a good day

Singletrack Addict!!!
    Hi there, PR native here. Riding wise there are about 10-12 real mtb trails, a few more under construction, and a lot of fire roads, in mountains or near the coast. It's a beautiful island with a lot of diversity, you have rain forest, beautiful sandy beaches, nice fishing on the ocean if you are into that, I have a few friends that love it, caves, rivers, mountains, beautiful adjacent little islands, anytime of the year you can get drunk, well I mean there is always a party, concert, activities, pubs, discos, etc In all there is a lot of places and variety within 2-3 hours drive at the most. The MTB scene is well, you have the xc racing crowd / posers, more older crowd, which are the laziest when trail building or maintenance time comes and you have the younger more all-mountain stunt or fun factor seekers, that do work on trails. Competitive wise there is XC and Downhill (dirt and metro with stunts and stuff). Compared to a few trails I've been in the US, our trails are beautiful and fun, but lack the good planning / building technique found in the US, but there are a few that are raising the bar a little.

Economy wise the island is recovering from a little hard time, but I think all will be well, people always find a way to spend more than what they have . Cost of living is average, gas price now it's in between $2.62-$2.98 per Gal, housing is average, of course depending on location. People mostly rely on private transportation, cars are a bit more expensive than in the US. Ohh, beautiful girls all over.. , but you have yours already, here your loyalty gets tested.. Anything else? just let me know.

ay Diablo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayden
    Ohh, beautiful girls all over.. , but you have yours already, here your loyalty gets tested.. Anything else? just let me know.
    Boriqua morena...eso es mi canto
    "You know me, I'm too lazy to carry a grudge". Sid the Sloth

Carnaval Dominicano
    http://carnaval.com.do/