mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Problem with syntace x12 142mm rear axle

The problem is that today I removed the rear wheel and when I looked at the syntace x12 it had the rubber o-ring, that goes on the edge of the end where you put the allen, ruined. I mean its cut so is more of an U ring now. Should I look for an o-ring to fit there or should I try to get a new axle? Im worried because I use this bike to commute so I use a lot.

Should I not ride it? I put the ruined o ring in there and put the thing back together but I can see the o-ring all squished in the edge of the axle, feels like a tight fit but I know is not where it is supposed to be. thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Syntace O-ring

Hey Cridom,

If you are in the US or Canada, send an email with your contact to info@syntace-us.com and we can get that taken care of. You can also call at 510-261-8836. Shouldn't be a problem if you ride it but just make sure you check it for tightness before riding.

Thanks - Kenny
    Syntace USA

Quote Originally Posted by cridom View Post
    The problem is that today I removed the rear wheel and when I looked at the syntace x12 it had the rubber o-ring, that goes on the edge of the end where you put the allen, ruined. I mean its cut so is more of an U ring now. Should I look for an o-ring to fit there or should I try to get a new axle? Im worried because I use this bike to commute so I use a lot.

Should I not ride it? I put the ruined o ring in there and put the thing back together but I can see the o-ring all squished in the edge of the axle, feels like a tight fit but I know is not where it is supposed to be. thanks