Thread: Premium Rush

mtbr member

Premium Rush

I remember a little while back hearing about this movie on the forum. Here's the review Premium Rush - Rotten Tomatoes
    Don't think I want to see it, but if any of you have, what can you say?
    Will someday be living in Alaska with 2 pooches

mtbr member
    You couldn't pay me to watch it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKahuna View Post
    You couldn't pay me to watch it.
    Haha I don't find it too interesting either
    Will someday be living in Alaska with 2 pooches

mtbr member
    "Tuners" have "Fast and Furious", 80s BMX kids had "Rad", roadies had "Quicksilver", etc. It seems like very niche hobby or sport has a crummy movie. I honestly can't believe that the fixie crowd actually has their own flick now. I bet they are LOVING this....as every 12 year old in the country will now want one so they can do slides! It's not longer gonna be a "hip" thing to do. Heck, even WalMart is selling fixies now....and I know it's only one grumpy old man's opinion, but the fixie fad is just about the single dumbest fad in bicycling ever!

Brake. Fix. Repeat.
    May 2009
    I'm gonna watch it!

When was the last time they made a bike movie that wasn't a documentary?

Disclaimer:
    I don't own a fixie, plad shirt, or fake glasses*
    However, I do live in San Francisco, and I'll never get tired of doing wheelie stops at red lights next to fixie riders

mtbr member
    Lots of Debbie downers here.. Fixies being the dumbest fad ever? That's pretty rough. Ever rode one?? Whatever gets people interested in the sport and off the couch is a good thing for all of us, IMO.

I'm not a big movie theater fan usually, but I hope to see the movie before they bury me

mtbr member
    I'm not even bothered too much about the fixie aspect. I was a NYC bike messenger and it was a cool job (and I rode a geared bike with brakes).

But when I heard there was a subplot of violence and bad guys, I just think it is BS Hollywood movie.

There is plenty of drama, especially with a good actor like Joseph Gordon-Levitt, that it could focused on the riding culture.

mtbr member
    I'd watch it. Wouldn't mind owning a fixie (I'd use brakes) either.

"Quicksilver" with Kevin Bacon was the first fixie movie back in the 80's.
    Check out my You Tube Channel

Brake. Fix. Repeat.
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro View Post
    But when I heard there was a subplot of violence and bad guys, I just think it is BS Hollywood movie.

There is plenty of drama, especially with a good actor like Joseph Gordon-Levitt, that it could focused on the riding culture.
    Are you asking for a romantic comedy? Or begging for the endless cycle of riding documentaries to continue and draft us through the eons?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I just got back from this movie and it was bad. There were some cheap chuckles, but the movie was schizophrenic and couldn't decide if it was light hearted or serious and wound up silly. The bike tricks weren't often enough to keep it interesting. There was a cool scene where he wound up on a trials bike and did some stunts, but I could have watched the latest Chris Akrigg video for free. I did actually, earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro View Post
    Oh you saw the preview too eh?