Page 1 of 97 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
    ~Disc~Golf~

Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here

*better to download the image and content , and re-up in case the link goes bad*

here's one...
    a trike for $900!...
    "This is a trail mate E-Z Roll regal (peddle). Rarely been used. Please leave a message at (530)247-XXXX "
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Honestly... ahh I give up

~Disc~Golf~
    ^^you might think it's a typo and they meant $90, but there's a similar one (motorized) from the same seller for $1100!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Just Ride.
    Haha, this is going to be an interesting thread.

nocturnal oblivion
    Throw in a squeeze horn and it's a deal. I sold an old junk couch for $300 on craigslist. The buyer drove some 120 miles to pick it up. It was weird.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    This guy posts this up weekly.

If you are in town for a few weeks or a couple of months , I'll rent out my low priced bikes for $15 a month . You pay me full purchase price and I'll guarantee a buy back price that will be $15 a month lower than you paid. After 4 months the rent per month will drop. For example on this bike I'm selling for $95 you give me the $95 when you pick up and return to me 2 months later and I'll give you back $70 That price will be paid regardless of flat tires , or component damage except for smashed up wheels or missing seats . Small adjustments will be made for those. The deposit for the U-lock if you want it is $25 but you get the $25 back when you return the lock . You have the option of selling the bike yourself and don't need to notify me . .
    This is a road bike from the 80s with a 22" / 56 cm frame that would be best suited for 5'10" to 6'2" riders. this is a bike I've rented out twice before with satisfied renters each time. I tune it up between rentals so it is in top condition. Has a lot of nce features

2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

too cold to ride
    Oh man, I wish I would have saved the 'museum quality Shogun' road bike auction that was posted for about 3 months (until just a week or so ago) on Cleveland CL. Even funnier than the guy demanding $3K (which he eventually lowered to $2K) for a early-80's mass-produced road bike (consensus value was $75-150 or so according to roadbikereview.com) with no pictures (wouldn't do the bike justice) were the posts that started popping up from people who were tired of his daily posts and general douch-ey attitude...
    Now go home and get your ******* shinebox.

What could go wrong ...
    link

Jimmy Descant Original Rocket Bike - $1500

This bike was sold at the 2005 Jazz Fest and while Jimmy has been making bikes for years but they are becoming more precious and hard to find. The one currently listed on his website is going for $10,000 (www.deluxerocketships.com). I need to pay some bills and I will take $1500. The bike rocket engines, headlight, alarm and a working 8-track player. I am happy to deliver in the New Orleans area. I am also open to the possiblity of trading for a high-end mountain bike or high-end modern furniture (i.e. Design Within Reach, etc) as I am trying to furnish as house.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

(not that fast)
    I love these threads. There are some nut jobs on craigslist.

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoke2
    link

Jimmy Descant Original Rocket Bike - $1500

This bike was sold at the 2005 Jazz Fest and while Jimmy has been making bikes for years but they are becoming more precious and hard to find. The one currently listed on his website is going for $10,000 (www.deluxerocketships.com). I need to pay some bills and I will take $1500. The bike rocket engines, headlight, alarm and a working 8-track player. I am happy to deliver in the New Orleans area. I am also open to the possiblity of trading for a high-end mountain bike or high-end modern furniture (i.e. Design Within Reach, etc) as I am trying to furnish as house.

Gotta be total bogus....idiot first says he needs money to pay bills then says he will trade, which means he does not really need to pay bills that badly.....fool.

What could go wrong ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sambs827
    Gotta be total bogus....idiot first says he needs money to pay bills then says he will trade, which means he does not really need to pay bills that badly.....fool.
    I got a bigger kick out of the "working 8 track player"
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

Don't worry, be happy!
    I just wish people would put sizes on their FS ads.

that is all.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by formica
    I just wish people would put sizes on their FS ads.

that is all.
    But they do, ie 26"

I Have Cookies
    Last edited by ae111black; 02-04-2010 at 11:50 AM.
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
    check this BS out...

http://richmond.craigslist.org/bik/1585631913.html

she says she paid 900 for it but the msrp is less than 200... and she keeps on reposting and reposting and reposting...

"I got an Iron Horse Maverick 1.5 brand new in August 2008, it was sold to me for $900. Because of it's age I knocked down the price, but I rode it probably twice and since then it has just been sitting in my living room. It is a chrome blue and very nice, still in new condition. This is an all terrain bike, advertised as a mountain bike but great for beginners and everyday use. The tires are in great condition, the kick stand is on, and I can sell it with a really nice lock and a rack for the car. I'm trying not to go too low in price since it is such a nice bike. Please email me asap before I take it to a store, where I'm sure they'll under pay me and over charge you! Thanks! "
    What mountain bike forum do pirates use? .....

MTB-arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I Have Cookies
    LOL so he's gonna return a 2 year old bike???
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
    Quote Originally Posted by ae111black
    LOL so he's gonna return a 2 year old bike???
    yea, and i think its a she actually...

MTB-arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

the test dummy
    every couple of day i see a fixie for like 500 i just dont get it
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
    I moved from burlington VT to richmond VA about 2 months ago and the difference in bike quality here in VA is SOOOOOOO shitttttay like every other add is reposted every week for the same dam huffy and all they say is "clean 18 speed" or some dumb hillbilly sister dumpster fuk stuff... I miss burlington, where you could buy an arsenal of high quailty used bikes and parts if only you had the money... (which I didnt)

I guess its the fact that there are no mtns too close and the fact that RIC VA is full of ghetto living sketch balls and sister funkin rednecks that wouldn't knwo the difference between a $6000 dollar bike and a $100 huffy...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... tangent over

MTB-arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...586391777.html

Yah give You $50 a bike plymouth Dude (West metro)

WTF?

I Have Cookies
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1
    http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...586391777.html

Yah give You $50 a bike plymouth Dude (West metro)

WTF?
    It's FTW......
    I think it's someone responding to another add with another add......WEEDTODDS!

____
    Kimo

yeah it still hurts...
    Oct 2009
    I dunno the Lady from Richmond has pretty Sweet Ride. Those reflectors on the wheels and the kickstand definetly have me sold. I don't even care about the v-Brakes, though i might try and negotiate for 650...
    who put that tree there?

The White Jeff W
    I was reading the local craigs bike ads a few days ago and I kept seeing these ads for WTB mountain bikes. I thought 'when did WTB start making mountain bikes?' then realized it's want to buy

I Have Cookies
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13
    I was reading the local craigs bike ads a few days ago and I kept seeing these ads for WTB mountain bikes. I thought 'when did WTB start making mountain bikes?' then realized it's want to buy
    Accually they did make bikes!

____
    Kimo

MoJo Moto

Yea... a while back, the boy was looking for a YZ125....thinking I knew everyone in town that rode MX....He asks me if I knew a guy named.....Obo.
    Ride Hard or Ride Home Alone.

human dehumidifier
    I thought 'when did WTB start making mountain bikes?'
    Ran into a youngun this summer that asked me the same thing

All the wanted to buy ads do make it hard to concoct a search to find WTB bikes though.

School thyself - http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/html/wtb.html

Current set up -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-img_5283_sml.jpg  

When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

Page 1 of 97 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast