Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here

949K views 4K replies 771 participants last post by  skankingbiker 
#1 ·
*better to download the image and content , and re-up in case the link goes bad*

here's one...
a trike for $900!...
"This is a trail mate E-Z Roll regal (peddle). Rarely been used. Please leave a message at (530)247-XXXX "

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Oh man, I wish I would have saved the 'museum quality Shogun' road bike auction that was posted for about 3 months (until just a week or so ago) on Cleveland CL. Even funnier than the guy demanding $3K (which he eventually lowered to $2K) for a early-80's mass-produced road bike (consensus value was $75-150 or so according to roadbikereview.com) with no pictures (wouldn't do the bike justice) were the posts that started popping up from people who were tired of his daily posts and general douch-ey attitude...

#7 ·
link

Jimmy Descant Original Rocket Bike - $1500

This bike was sold at the 2005 Jazz Fest and while Jimmy has been making bikes for years but they are becoming more precious and hard to find. The one currently listed on his website is going for $10,000 (www.deluxerocketships.com). I need to pay some bills and I will take $1500. The bike rocket engines, headlight, alarm and a working 8-track player. I am happy to deliver in the New Orleans area. I am also open to the possiblity of trading for a high-end mountain bike or high-end modern furniture (i.e. Design Within Reach, etc) as I am trying to furnish as house.

Attachments

#9 ·
Zoke2 said:
link

Jimmy Descant Original Rocket Bike - $1500

This bike was sold at the 2005 Jazz Fest and while Jimmy has been making bikes for years but they are becoming more precious and hard to find. The one currently listed on his website is going for $10,000 (www.deluxerocketships.com). I need to pay some bills and I will take $1500. The bike rocket engines, headlight, alarm and a working 8-track player. I am happy to deliver in the New Orleans area. I am also open to the possiblity of trading for a high-end mountain bike or high-end modern furniture (i.e. Design Within Reach, etc) as I am trying to furnish as house.
Gotta be total bogus....idiot first says he needs money to pay bills then says he will trade, which means he does not really need to pay bills that badly.....fool.

#14 ·
check this BS out...

http://richmond.craigslist.org/bik/1585631913.html

she says she paid 900 for it but the msrp is less than 200... and she keeps on reposting and reposting and reposting...

"I got an Iron Horse Maverick 1.5 brand new in August 2008, it was sold to me for $900. Because of it's age I knocked down the price, but I rode it probably twice and since then it has just been sitting in my living room. It is a chrome blue and very nice, still in new condition. This is an all terrain bike, advertised as a mountain bike but great for beginners and everyday use. The tires are in great condition, the kick stand is on, and I can sell it with a really nice lock and a rack for the car. I'm trying not to go too low in price since it is such a nice bike. Please email me asap before I take it to a store, where I'm sure they'll under pay me and over charge you! Thanks! "

#18 ·
I moved from burlington VT to richmond VA about 2 months ago and the difference in bike quality here in VA is SOOOOOOO shitttttay like every other add is reposted every week for the same dam huffy and all they say is "clean 18 speed" or some dumb hillbilly sister dumpster fuk stuff... I miss burlington, where you could buy an arsenal of high quailty used bikes and parts if only you had the money... (which I didnt)

I guess its the fact that there are no mtns too close and the fact that RIC VA is full of ghetto living sketch balls and sister funkin ******** that wouldn't knwo the difference between a $6000 dollar bike and a $100 huffy...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... tangent over

#1,991 ·
Had a few minutes to spare so while reading through this old thread I came across this hilarious post. This absolutely made my day. Thanks DriveByBikeS. Classic quote!

I moved from burlington VT to richmond VA about 2 months ago and the difference in bike quality here in VA is SOOOOOOO shitttttay like every other add is reposted every week for the same dam huffy and all they say is "clean 18 speed" or some dumb hillbilly sister dumpster fuk stuff... I miss burlington, where you could buy an arsenal of high quailty used bikes and parts if only you had the money... (which I didnt)

I guess its the fact that there are no mtns too close and the fact that RIC VA is full of ghetto living sketch balls and sister funkin ******** that wouldn't knwo the difference between a $6000 dollar bike and a $100 huffy...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... tangent over

#23 ·
jeffw-13 said:
I was reading the local craigs bike ads a few days ago and I kept seeing these ads for WTB mountain bikes. I thought 'when did WTB start making mountain bikes?' then realized it's want to buy :lol:
Accually they did make bikes!

#24 ·
jeffw-13 said:
I was reading the local craigs bike ads a few days ago and I kept seeing these ads for WTB mountain bikes. I thought 'when did WTB start making mountain bikes?' then realized it's want to buy :lol:
Yea... a while back, the boy was looking for a YZ125....thinking I knew everyone in town that rode MX....He asks me if I knew a guy named.....Obo.;)

#25 ·
jeffw-13 said:
I thought 'when did WTB start making mountain bikes?'
Ran into a youngun this summer that asked me the same thing

All the wanted to buy ads do make it hard to concoct a search to find WTB bikes though.

School thyself - http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/html/wtb.html

Current set up -

Attachments

#26 ·

Attachments