Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here

949K views 4K replies 771 participants last post by  skankingbiker 
#1 ·
*better to download the image and content , and re-up in case the link goes bad*

here's one...
a trike for $900!...
"This is a trail mate E-Z Roll regal (peddle). Rarely been used. Please leave a message at (530)247-XXXX "

Attachments

See less See more
#131 ·
Hmmm...

stolen bike - $1 (osu/columbus)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-03-16, 8:51AM EDT
Reply to: sale-htwjt-1646380982@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silver/light purple titanium steel frame
Caliper brakes - the left one was difficult to use, would stick alot.
Sticker of "HELLO my name is Jennifer" on frame near the seat
Squishy gel cushion thing on seat
Simple gears... they were kinda jank (rusty, hard to tell what gear I was in, sometimes they changed long after I'd turned the thing on the handle)
Only one reflector on one wheel, can't remember which
Please call at 9377501536 if seen or found

Stolen 3/15 on W 9th Ave

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1646380982

#132 ·
Cday1616 said:
stolen bike - $1 (osu/columbus)

Date: 2010-03-16, 8:51AM EDT
Reply to: sale-htwjt-1646380982@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Silver/light purple titanium steel frame
Caliper brakes - the left one was difficult to use, would stick alot.
Sticker of "HELLO my name is Jennifer" on frame near the seat
Squishy gel cushion thing on seat
Simple gears... they were kinda jank (rusty, hard to tell what gear I was in, sometimes they changed long after I'd turned the thing on the handle)
Only one reflector on one wheel, can't remember which
Please call at 9377501536 if seen or found

Stolen 3/15 on W 9th Ave

PostingID: 1646380982
Am I missing the "WTF!?" on this one?

#135 · (Edited)
Cday1616 said:
stolen bike with a name on it?

seemed legit to me, but maybe not.... ;)
maybe I'm not gettin' what yer spittin' but,
It's reads to me that someone, possibly Jennifer, had their bike stolen and they took an ad out to raise awareness in hopes of it's return.

The '$1' is commonly used on CL to denote a notice (in this case a stolen bike) or solicitation For example, "Rear Derailleur - $1" could mean that someone is needing that part or "Carpenter - $1" could be someone looking for a job in the employment section.

It's just basically a means of trying to get someones attention.
And a commonly used and clever marketing tool.

#139 ·
Funny how anthropomorphic people get in describing machines....
Took me a day, and finally a look at the pic of the bike:

From now on when I mention...

CHIN - I mean chain
CHIN BACK THINGY- rear derailleur
2 NEW ARMS- crankset
THE THING- chainring, and or cogs
CUP HOLDER- everything else

Seriously considering going from grandsalmon to INAGOSTROBULL

(..actually nothing anthropomorphic going on at all, I've worn out....my THINGY, haven't you?)

#142 ·
yet another...

I think this thread is evidence that I spend too much time lurking on cl....

But I couldn't pass this one up. I think the poster is taking his inspiration from this guy:

highdelll said:
Manly Bike for Sale
Date: 2008-07-22, 10:18AM PDT

Bike for sale

What kind of bike? I don't know, I'm not a bike scientist. What I am though is a manly guy looking to sell his bike. This bike is made out of metal and kick ass spokes. The back reflector was taken off, but if you think that deters me from riding at night, you're way wrong. I practiced ninja training in Japan's mount Fuji for 5 years and the first rule they teach about ninja biking is that back reflectors let the enemy know where you are. Not having a rear reflector is like saying "**** YOU CAR, JUST TRY AND FIND ME".

The bike says Giant on the side because it's referring to my junk, but rest assured even if you have tiny junk that Giant advertisement is going to remain right where it is.

Attachments

#146 ·
jeffw-13 said:
What could possibly go wrong?
Actually, those are pretty cool.
There are tons of old rails across the country that are now defunct.
Old mining routes, logging passages, just old railways etc. (the railbike system is adjustable to fit different gauges)
These tracks often pass through territory that is away from most major civilization and where there is not access otherwise.
Plus rails are gentle in grade and smooth so you can cover alot of miles and see alot of sights that no one else gets to see all that often.

Of course it is extremely foolish to use these on a live track/railway.:nono: :eek:

#147 ·
Understatement of the year!

Trek 6000 needs work - $125 (Huntsville)

The frame is in good condition and has several other good parts. I believe the shock is still in working condition. Please email any questions and include Trek in the title.

Attachments

#149 ·
highdelll said:
Actually, those are pretty cool.
There are tons of old rails across the country that are now defunct.
Old mining routes, logging passages, just old railways etc. (the railbike system is adjustable to fit different gauges)
These tracks often pass through territory that is away from most major civilization and where there is not access otherwise.
Plus rails are gentle in grade and smooth so you can cover alot of miles and see alot of sights that no one else gets to see all that often.
I agree, pretty cool and there is literally 100 miles of unused track where I live. But remember, even defunct tracks are on private land and you may find yourself in the slammer. Railroad Co's are very powerful.

#151 ·
Dugg-E said:
for sale i got the-sprint bike - $825 (Quincy point)
Date: 2010-03-21, 3:47PM EDT
Reply to: sale-k46pn-1654551468@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

older bike need some wd40 brake line is there just need to be attach tire mite need air they don't make them like that know more i could get more money on eBay for it try here first i think its a womens bike my landlord put it out said it has to go sooner the bather she wonted trow it out but i know its worth sale to some one how wonts it hotter weather is here go get it wont last some wont buy for wife ride to beach side streets blue hills any where u like cash only deal call any time ask for mike 1617-820-8776 or 1617-479-1069 some one should pic u if not leave a massage with u info & number thanks i got other bike to for sale yes it real pic of the one for sale i would like it gone today if possible need to go fast

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 1654551468-0

wow...just....wow.
WOW FOR REAL DUDE LMAO